Can any one define susceptance?

I have seen in wiki susceptance is the imaginary of admittance. but its not a clear definition for suscep.
The reactance is the opposition of change of voltage and current through a element, such that how to difine susceptance?

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    While reactance is the measure of how much a circuit reacts against change in current over time, susceptance is the measure of how much a circuit is susceptible to conducting a changing current. susceptance is the reciprocal of reactance, thats it, susceptance= 1/reactance. Is it clear now??
  • pugazh anand
    pugazh anand
    lovejeet
    While reactance is the measure of how much a circuit reacts against change in current over time, susceptance is the measure of how much a circuit is susceptible to conducting a changing current. susceptance is the reciprocal of reactance, thats it, susceptance= 1/reactance. Is it clear now??
    okay you are saying reactance is reciprocal of susceptance. but the relation between them is [B(suscep)=-X(react)/|z|2(imp)] than how can you say it is reciprocal. am i clear my point?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well the Magnitude of B may be equal to X/Z^2 But but the actual relation

How where did that expression come From? the Inverse of Impedance relation right Then Magnitude wise this relation is good.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    @#-Link-Snipped-# -susceptance is acutally the imaginary part of Admittance. can you please derive that expression you mentioned, so that it would be more clear in its perspect.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    Reactance and susceptance depend on the frequency, for dc the frequency is 0. that's why no reactance. Even your circuit include L and C, it has no reactance in DC.
    capacitor reactance Xc=1/(2 pi *f* c);
    capacitor susceptance Bc = 1/Xc;
    Inductor reactance XL=2 pi f L;
    inductor susceptance BL = 1/XL;

But in AC, it may combine all together and from complex number. Resistance (conductance) provide real parts and capacitor or inductor reactance (susceptance) provide imaginary parts. look like

Z(impedance)= R(resistance) + jX(reactance)

Y(admittance)=G(conductance)+jB (susceptance)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz tell me the circuit which has to be implemented ....
Hi friends am a student of University of Adelaide, Australia. I need one innovative non technical seminar topic like Solar powered Catamaran, Automatic Car parking System. Please give me your...
.. thought 10 times before I shared, but finally I am doing it! share and respect!
hey guys, anyone heard about BIT ALLAHABAD center? please tell me about it's M.Tech(CS) course,placement,faculties etc. thanx
Engineers at MIT get to work on seriously awesome stuff. They've created 'Helios' to take on the DARPA challenge to develop a dexterous mobile robot that can navigate itself through...