Can a mobile phone be affected by virus?

Can a mobile phone be affected by virus?I transferred songs from a virus affected laptop.but the song files are virus free.the laptop had virus in some other files and not in he songs i transferred.So is it possible for the mobile to be affected?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Certainly not. The virus present on your laptop is meant to run only in windows environment and they will be inactive at other places. However, it could happen that they migrate to other computer if you connect your mobile device there. Rest assured that they cannot impact your mobile device.

There are very few viruses, most were made to run on Symbian S40 platform and some for S60. Few are emerging for Android as well and Android might get be targeted more due to its increasing utility.

Rest of the phones which doesn't run those are not susceptible to viruses.
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Mine is not android.it is nokia c2-02.So no problem?Can't a memory get affected by a virus.?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    I think it is actually possible!!. Many phones use Java, and similar technologies which are common to both Mobile Phones and PC's, so it is better to scan the folders where u transferred files and be sure not to infect your phone 👍
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    rahul69
    I think it is actually possible!!. Many phones use Java, and similar technologies which are common to both Mobile Phones and PC's, so it is better to scan the folders where u transferred files and be sure not to infect your phone 👍
    Umm no. The other java phones are not actually affected. Only Symbian S40. Besides a virus working on windows could never affect any phone till date. The technology is same, but not the hardware configuration.

pikachu1994
    Mine is not android.it is nokia c2-02.So no problem?Can't a memory get affected by a virus.?
    Only thing that is affected is the space. Those stray files will occupy space, that's all. You'll have to clean up them manually.
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    How to clean it up manually?Can you please explain?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Understand that a virus is a computer code that is meant for some malicious purpose. If, while copying, you copied the virus files (hidden, or unknowingly) and the virus is able to execute itself in the environment offered by your mobile (mostly dependent on the operating system, firmware, system voids etc.) then your phone stands a risk of virus affecting your mobile phone.

However, there's a 90% (or 99%) chance that this won't be the case always. Most of the viruses are written for the Windows platform and they don't just work 'as-is' in other environments. There would of course be exceptions where the virus files attack specific parts of the software (aka contact lists or messages or phone settings).
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    The actual problem is my mobile get switched off frequently.I suspected that it may be due to virus.But it seems that it is not a problem.Then what is the actual reason?The virus that was in my laptop is suchost.exe
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Check whether your battery is bulged or not If battery is swollen life of battery is over replacing it is the only apt solution

But if not we can't say with out physical examination
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    No the battery is not bulged.But it is frequently getting switched off😔
  • lal
    lal
    Try resetting the phone in that case.
    Your phone memory will be erased. That means your contacts, messages and all other stuff if stored in your phone memory will be lost.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I came to know that

tag doesn't only adjusts the size of the text within it, but also nominates the text for search engines,i.e text written within header tag...

Infosys has been nominated to work on the Indian government's MCA-21 e-Governance project. The overall worth of the project is about Rs. 357.81 crore. The project is believed to be...
how to download java development kit latest version on my laptop having 32-bit windows 7 configuration ? also help me with downloading of SQL server .PLEASE DO HELP for heaven's...
Okay, here's something really to look forward to - the Japanese electronics major Sony has dropped a big hint that they'll announce something 'big' related to their Playstation brand. Now,...
I need to know all about SOLAR POWERED SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS. Please help.