Can a function be nested?

We know that a function can be recursive but i want to know that does nested function possible in any programming language?

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    Yes. A function is just a collection of programming. And instead of writing all that programming each time you want to use it, you can stick it in a function. Then just use that function name in your program wherever you need to use it.

So a program to "do your chores"...

Main Program DoYourChores
    {
    Do ChoresList
    If weekend
    {
    Do ChoresList
    Relax
    }
    }

Function ChoresList
    {
    Clean yard
    Wash dishes
    Take out trash
    }

Function Relax
    {
    Watch TV
    }
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Realy
    Is it possible ?
    It means a function may be defined within main function ?
  • bill190
    bill190
    Nested function defines...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • arunravindran
    arunravindran
    Yes a function can be nested.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    arunravindran
    Yes a function can be nested.
    Is this possible in C programming or JAVA?
  • arunravindran
    arunravindran
    Hi,

Sorry got my concepts wrong...i thought of function calls...a function cannot be defined within a main function as it gives declaration syntax error in C and Java...but nested functions concept exists...Correct me if I am wrong...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India Develops world's cheapest touchscreen computing device(Tablet) India has developed a touchscreen computing device which will cost only $35. According to a press release by India’s Press Information Bureau, the...
What do you think ' is internet affecting traditional journalism'? Is really internet affecting their business,their publishing formats...
I have wireless sensors that can transmitt real time data back to a centralized computer where the readings are stored in a database. The data is also checked against threshold...
Hello everybody, I am a B.E(EEE) 2010 passed out graduate and is looking for a job.But most of the job profile require some special courses. I have thought of automation,...
Hello friends, Currently i am using ubuntu 10.04 and want to install java on it. Can anyone have some idea which packages i have to install. I realy need it...