Campus Placements: Do you know what job you'll do?

I'm wondering how many engineering students really care about what kind of job they'll do once they join the company.

I think you should!

For example, if someone's offered a job in Oracle - do ask questions about what job profile you'll have, what will you actually do on day-to-day basis. We've CEans who're already working so with various companies and I'm sure they'll be happy to assist you.

It would surely help to know about the company before you join.

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    biggie can u more elaborate this topic ,as i have joined birlasoft recently..so is there is any CEan from this?

correct me my question is right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    biggie can u more elaborate this topic ,as i have joined birlasoft recently..so is there is any CEan from this?
    Start a separate thread to find out who else's working/selected in Birlasoft 😀

What I meant is this: Lot of engineering students blindly appear for IT company recruitment drives. They seldom know or care about what kind of job they'll be doing. Of course, its one thing to say that you are flexible enough to do any kind of job. But come on, its your career! You can't be so ignorant about it.

This thread intends to answer questions asked by CEans about the prospective jobs, what's involved, how's the environment in office etc. I'm sure there are many students out there who are curious to know; but never knew whom to ask.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Biggie, I am glad you asked this question, and would ask all fellow CEans to really think through this before taking an action.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those who are looking for jobs, head over to : Persistent : Careers : Vacancies and submit your resume if you think you qualify for the required positions. All the...
How to shutdown another system from our system in unix operating system?
Let us some c,c++ and java Here we will discuss some commonly asked questions in interviews related to c,c++ and java that will help a lot of ceans in furture...
Hello friends, I would like to know if it is possible to modify an existing die from injection moulding. For example, if I find an obsolete plastic product and like...
I am doing my final year B-tech in information technology.currently my last minor project based on web design.so I am searching for a good minor project topic in web design.I...