Cain & Abel

Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols. The program does not exploit any software vulnerabilities or bugs that could not be fixed with little effort. It covers some security aspects/weakness present in protocol's standards, authentication methods and caching mechanisms; its main purpose is the simplified recovery of passwords and credentials from various sources, however it also ships some "non standard" utilities for Microsoft Windows users.

Cain & Abel is a useful tool for network administrators, teachers, security consultants/professionals, forensic staff, security software vendors, professional penetration tester and everyone else that plans to use it for ethical reasons.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think this thread should be removed

Actually it's a hacking software which uses dangerous arp poisioning
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Hey buddy if you know where the password is stored in registry. There is no any need of this type of software. Actually this software work like a rootkit tool which fetch stored password from registry.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    password is not stored in registry, its stored in SAM in the hash format.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    vik001ind
    password is not stored in registry, its stored in SAM in the hash format.
    that's the window password.what you talking about.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Yes vik001ind you are right .
    Password is stored in hash format.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Look rishi the tool you mentioned above is a password recovery tool. It helps in recover your password when you forget it. Up to what i know it doesn't store window logon password. In the case of window logon password. When you set a password it generate a lm hash and nt hash of the password. These hashes are stored in sam database or in abtive dir. Thats all about how window password is stored. In case wanting logon password is completely different from password stored in ie,mozila,chrome etc. They are stored in registry but typically encrypted. You can use 3rd party software tool to view them. Hope this is clear.
  • kavin raja
    kavin raja
    goyal420

No its not as you think. Cain and Abel is indeed used by hackers, but remember its wasn't targeted towards such purpose.

It isn't a hacking tool, because it was only misused.

For an info, even keyloggers and RAT's aren't illegal when you use it for legal purpose.
  • Leo
    Leo
    goyal420

I agree with you. This thread must be removed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cool batch file to lock and disguise a folder. Move any files you want to be hidden in your locker, double click the bat again and you will be asked...
I want to develop a search engine using asp.net and sql server can anyone please help me and provide me some guidance as soon as possible.............😕 any kind of help...
Hi guys i just finished my Btech and am waiting for my results, I am pretty sure that i wud get only upto a 60% aggregate... Now the thing is...
I want to know how a protocol works.by triggring a command or what.
If the sum of five consecutive positive integer is "p" then what is the sum of next five consecutive integer in terms of p is.