i know answer of 1st 1 byte,4 byte,4byte
  • M.Pardhu
    M.Pardhu
    THE OUTPUT OF PROGRAM IS

4 4 4

😎PARDHU😎
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The output is 4 4 4 because every pointer is 4 bytes long irrespective of what type it is pointing.
  • devil_rads
    devil_rads
    I just ran the program and it is showing the output as 2 4 4....
    Can u please elaborate your ans...
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    devil_rads
    I just ran the program and it is showing the output as 2 4 4....
    Can u please elaborate your ans...
    The program gives errors on compiling.

It runs only after modifying in this way
    #include
    void main()
    {
         char *s1;
         char *s2;
         char *s3;
         printf("%d %d %d ",sizeof(s1),sizeof(s2),sizeof(s3));
         getch();
    }

Output: 4 4 4
    Using dev-c++ compiler. (or gcc)
  • brahmaasthra
    brahmaasthra
    First one char *str : str is a pointer variable which stores an address of a char datatype. So the size is 2 bytes (default). In which you can address from (0000)hexa to (FFFF)hexa. you cant go beyond that.

Second one is char far *str: far pointer increases the addressable locations. where you can give address ranges from (00000000)hexa to (FFFFFFFF)hexa. Ex:- for the monitor output the address is 0800 0000 hexa.

Third one is char huge *str: when far pointer overflows ie gets incremented from (FFFFFFFF) + 1 it again goes to (00000000) hexa. The address is inside the same process.
    But in the case of huge if it gets overflow (FFFFFFFF)+1 it goes to the next process 1 0000 0000 hexa.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    char *s1;
    char far *s2;
    char huge *s3;
    What is far and huge ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ce_neha
    Hi ,

Please make me understand the output of the following code:-

#include
    void main()
    {
    char *s1;
    char far *s2;
    char huge *s3;
    }

hey first can you tell me what is far and huge in your program.?

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS....THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY....
  • pdpatel
    pdpatel
    ce_neha
    Hi ,

Please make me understand the output of the following code:-

#include
    void main()
    {
    char *s1;
    char far *s2;
    char huge *s3;
    }
    As per my knowledge:

This is happen because simple pointer store in ram and far pointer use video memory.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    brahmaasthra
    First one char *str : str is a pointer variable which stores an address of a char datatype. So the size is 2 bytes (default). In which you can address from (0000)hexa to (FFFF)hexa. you cant go beyond that.

Second one is char far *str: far pointer increases the addressable locations. where you can give address ranges from (00000000)hexa to (FFFFFFFF)hexa. Ex:- for the monitor output the address is 0800 0000 hexa.

Third one is char huge *str: when far pointer overflows ie gets incremented from (FFFFFFFF) + 1 it again goes to (00000000) hexa. The address is inside the same process.
    But in the case of huge if it gets overflow (FFFFFFFF)+1 it goes to the next process 1 0000 0000 hexa.

I guess this is the correct answer!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey... i m thnkng abt topic 3d-technology 4 seminar gv me ur view abt dis topic.... it's gud...
hi how i can prevent someone in a local network from copy files like docs or video ????? i wanna make files for read but can not copy i am...
Please help me with this project....... The aim is to build a Green circuit that can optimize the energy utilization in a room by avoiding unnecessary energy usage. For the...
Hello everyone Iam doing my M.S in aerospace engineering at Chennai, India. I require a high-speed operating valve that can open and close more than 200 times a second. Kindly...
hi..i m dipika ...pls help me ..i m in last year ..so tell me abt intresting topic on electrical base ..for seminar ,....also tell me abt some working model ....