C, C++, Java or UNIX - Which one to go for first?

I want to learn about unix, C,C++,java. I knew some basics about C,C++ and java, but not UNIX. Give me some suggestions.

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    aarthivg
    I want to learn about unix, C,C++,java. I knew some basics about C,C++ and java, but not UNIX. Give me some suggestions.
    What suggestion do you want aarthi? Where to start? What to learn among them? or any resources?
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    If you have a PC, install get GNU/Linux!.

I prefer and recommend #-Link-Snipped-#, but Home - Linux Mint and #-Link-Snipped-# are also very popular.

If you don't have a PC, get one. And install Linux.

I find that the best way to learn something is to try to accomplish a specific objective. So pick a free/libre software project, download the code, select a bug from it's list of bugs and start trying to fix it. There are lots and lots of sites that host free software projects, including Compare Free Open Source Software, Explore GitHub 路 GitHub, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, and sourceware.org Git.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Nick_Sharma
    What suggestion do you want aarthi? Where to start? What to learn among them? or any resources?
    ya. Among these, Which I can start first. So that I can have a comfortable start in this field
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Start with C and then you can go for Unix and C++ together... 馃榾

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what could be the original price of petrol in India without tax
will gate scorecard valid for psu or not in 2013?????
this is rajesh from hyderabad studying b.tech final in computer science....
can anyone tel me where can i find the circuit diagram of basic INTRUSION DETECTOR SYSTEM??????????