Buildings- help of gravity force? if possible ..how, if not why?

Can we build the buildings in the air with the help of gravity force? if possible..how,if not why?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The only such buildings that I have heard about are castles in the air. They are built out of the force of imagination.
    Isn't there a contradiction in trying to use a force that pulls down things down to earth to raise a building above the earth?
  • balu thigulla
    balu thigulla
    bioramani
    The only such buildings that I have heard about are castles in the air. They are built out of the force of imagination.
    Isn't there a contradiction in trying to use a force that pulls down things down to earth to raise a building above the earth?
    So ..there is no chance to build such type of buildings, Is there any possibility to develop technique to build such constructions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    balu thigulla
    So ..there is no chance to build such type of buildings, Is there any possibility to develop technique to build such constructions.
    Have a look at this thread:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    balu thigulla
    Can we build the buildings in the air with the help of gravity force? if possible..how,if not why?
    there is a concept of space elevators where large masses can be supported in space by the centrifugal force due to rotation of the earth. however the materials required to sustain the tensile forces do not exist yet.. so its just a concept. you can look into it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Saiwal
    there is a concept of space elevators where large masses can be supported in space by the centrifugal force due to rotation of the earth.
    All that happens is that the gravitational field at the equator is slightly less than at the poles, which is also partially because the earth itself is a slightly flattened sphere due to the same effect. You can think of a geostationary satellite (there are many currently in use for communication), which remain apparently stationary. This happens when the gravitational field at that distance matches the centripetal force.

Arthur C Clarke wrote a story how towers using high tensile carbon fibres were built downward from such space stations till the tower gets anchored on earth. After that space elevators can permit travel between earth and the stationary space station at the top of the tower. Different towers can circle the globe connected by stationary linking bridges.
    This is described in his book "Fountains of Paradise'
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am basically a school teacher and helps all rural students in my area about good educational websites for their academic work and projects.
Hello everyone, I am newly joined 2nd year engineer student to electronics field through diploma background, I want your guideline I want to know being a engineer what skills and...
can anybdy tell about WiMC,,wireless mobile computing?????????????
My Android doesn't supports Flashplayer,so i rooted it and then installed flashplayer 11.1 in phone. After restart I tried setting up FP in Opera. It did not detected. So I...
Hi, my name is Samprit Biswas and i am a second year student of IIT kgp of Computer Science Department.