BSNL Indore Introduces Wi-Fi Module For Cars

BSNL Indore Division has launched Wi-Fi technology for cars, which makes internet accessible on the go. The Wi-Fi module for cars will probably be the first of its kind in our country, at least on such a commercial scale. The experimental set was installed in the official car of BSNL Indore's General Manager, G C Pandey. The car successfully received Wi-Fi signals through its antenna with 3.5 Mbps speed, from an exchange based on CDMA. The Wi-Fi module costs somewhere between Rs 5000 to Rs 6000. Mr. Pandey is hopeful that once the model is launched it will gain huge popularity among customers.

slide

We are more connected now than ever as the internet becomes ubiquitous. The recentdevelopments including Wi-Fi availability in trains and the prospect of Wi-Fi accessibility in cars in near future serve as the forecast of the technological advancements in store for us.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Khan Sakib
    Khan Sakib
    Well, quite interesting now Wi-Fi in cars, but hope so it well get popular in the future
  • sumit suri
    sumit suri
    Great approach by BSNL. Hope bsnl will launch this service in other cities as well.
  • Olabs
    Olabs
    how did you come across this please can you enligthen us.
  • avii
    avii
    Olabs
    how did you come across this please can you enligthen us.
    BSNL launches first wi-fi network module for cars in Indore - The Economic Times
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Staying connected on the go, just got a greener signal.

LOLing at one of the comments I read -
    Wifi in cars. Because people dying while texting and driving wasn't enough.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The comment tries the negative edge of the system too much But it is a great blessing for navigators and Business magnets That is a great blessing to them

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is android system....here any one working on the android system???...
guys i need format/examples for writing user manual/guides..plz help
I am using Windows & home basic. Every time i boot my computer it will take around 3 min to satrtup and shutdown speed also low. Is there is any...
hii to all i kodandan completed BE mechanical, worked as production engg and technical service engg in apollo tyres ltd. Now joined as service manager in tyre protector india pvt...
All of use use FB right? All the time right? Well ... if their new product seems to deliver what it promises then the entire of the mobile internet will...