browser related question

sir asked us what is meant by a browser?.
Most of them told which helps to render the html pages(it is a client software that is used to interact with server software)
But what I told it ,Browser is a software that is used to interact with the middleware.
Whether my Explanation is wrong?.If so why is it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A web browser is a software application for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
  • kamal_kj5
    kamal_kj5
    Simply,"A browser is a software application that is used to access to the world wide web."
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    you have understood my answer in a wrong way bro what I mean by that browser is a software which acts like a mediator in order to interact with the server.you can't contact server directly only through middleware
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the definition of middleware needs to be made clear. Is there any context to this question? I still do not understand your question correctly. What exactly do you mean by "You can't contact server directly?"
  • arunravindran
    arunravindran
    Hi,

A middleware is a software that provides a link between separate software applications. Middleware is sometimes called plumbing because it connects two applications and passes data between them. I believe your answer is correct. The general definition of a browser is something that acts as an interface between users and internet, which retrieves and displays the data etc. etc. but there is a web-server with which the browser interacts to get the pages that the user wants.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think The correct definition should be as defined by Big k
    Because there are lot of other ways which can be used to communicate with server

For eg FTP can also be used to communicate with server or access web pages but it can only retrieve those pages, not render them

It is only a web browser through which we can render ,present web pages in better way

PS @COMPUTERidiot You are also right it can also be said as a mediator
  • Leo
    Leo
    I also think definition by Big_K is correct, Browser is just a software application for rendering web pages. And middleware comes in action when there is inter-communication i.e peer-to-peer connection. Peer to Peer connection means process to process communication, so middle does have its importance in communication but browser have to do nothing with it because middleware's role depends upon type of application and the protocol it uses for transfering .messages.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    When we declare a class in java,why does it automatically extends to object class?
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    of course there are various protocols which interacts with the server.so according to me browser is a plateform(software appilication) to run the web applications..
    but there is a question in my mind dat is what is server,i know the general answer,and i know what is server too,but can anyone tell me the exact technical definition of server(used in web).?
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    dear himanshu

A computer or device on a network that manages network resources. For example, a file server is a computer and storage device dedicated to storing files. Any user on the network can store files on the server. A print server is a computer that manages one or more printers, and a network server is a computer that manages network traffic. A database server is a computer system that processes database queries.
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    anandkumarjha
    dear himanshu

A computer or device on a network that manages network resources. For example, a file server is a computer and storage device dedicated to storing files. Any user on the network can store files on the server. A print server is a computer that manages one or more printers, and a network server is a computer that manages network traffic. A database server is a computer system that processes database queries.
    yeah you are right buddy...but server is a physical entity or virtual entity?
  • Leo
    Leo
    Buddy server is a program to allow communication via protocols. It means if it is HTTP sever, then it allows web pages, various scripts, Java web technology etc. When you say its file server then it stores all files and allows communication via ftp no other protocols are allowed, when you say its database server it stores all database files and only allows SQL queries, likewise if it is rstp server it only allows streaming. And since it is a program there can be several servers on same Computer. I hope that was easy to understand, still your questions are welcome.Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook, on Wednesday, touched the amazing landmark of 500 million, founder Mark Zuckerberg announced. In this occasion they have started a new service namely Facebook stories where half billion of...
I am looking for MBA in Banking and finance, does any university provide this course and what’s the duration and the fees
Hello friend's, 2 months ago i do post a thread on crazyengineers https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...order-detect-removable-drive-fixed-drive.html I just want to partitioned a removable media like USB drive. But don't know what i have...
Meaning: to praise highly Use: The pop artist eulogized Bette Davis in his song. Syn: acclaim, celebrate, exalt, panegyrise
Meaning: to produce pleasant memories and emotions Use: No one can deny the overpoweringly evocative power of music on a rainy day. Syn: implicative, mnemonic, nostalgic, redolent