Broadband Prices To Come Down Drastically In India - Thanks To Reliance

Broadband aficionados rejoice. Reliance Industris' top boss Mukesh Ambani has said that the broadband prices in India will come down drastically in the coming months as his company 'Reliance Jio' ventures into the Indian Digital Markets. While speaking at the AGM, Mukesh Ambani declared that his company is investing about Rs. 1.5 Lakh Crore rupees into Internet services. It's expected that with Reliance setting up foot in the Internet domain, price disruption is not going to be a surprise.

mukesh-ambani

Mukesh Ambani and his Reliance Group is very bullish on the foray in telecom domain. According to him, Reliance Jio will radically transform lives of people. The company is looking to up the headcount of its telecom business unit from current 3000 to 10,000 by next year. Reliance Jio is the only company in India which has nation-wide permits to operate 4G broadband services. It was earlier expected that Reliance Jio will begin rolling out 4G network across select Indian companies by end of 2012, but it's yet to commence roll out operations.

We're not quite sure whether Ambani is focusing on broadband offerings via wireless (4G) only. However, Ambani's hints would definitely make Internet enthusiasts all over India happier. We hope Reliance will also ensure that there are enough budget-friendly 4G capable devices available in the markets before they roll out 4G in India.

Via: RIL AGM: Broadband prices will fall drastically in the coming future, says Mukesh Ambani - The Economic Times

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is an awesome news. We can only hope that quality service will be delivered at best price. Have used BSNL unlimited connection for long, which was the cheapest available plan for regular internet use.
    I believe cheaper cost is always welcome but all the providers should focus on bringing higher speed at the current prices and also ensure that connection is uninterrupted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope BSNL FTTH drops their pricing. I absolutely love the service but it's costly.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I will give full credit to reliance for mobile revolution and
    Yes.. give me 25Mbps @500/month 😁😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After Hero Honda, Kinetic Honda Motor Ltd and Honda Siel Cars India, Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) has been the Indian subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, Japan. The company...
Japanese engineers have built world's fastest Maglev (Magnetic Levitation) train with a top speed of about 311 mph ( 500 Km/h ). Called the Maglev L0, the bullet train is...
Ssangyong Motor Company is the Mahindra & Mahindra Group (India) owned, fourth largest South Korea-based automobile manufacturer. SsangYong, which means 'double dragons', had unveiled the new Rodius, first launched in...
Computex 2013 saw the launch of two new powerful gaming laptops from GIGABYTE. The company has come up with these gaming notebooks - P27K And P25W - with NVIDIA GeForce...
I'm curious to know why do we (Indians) are so immensely interested in knowing how much salary / income we make. I've faced direct questions on how much money I...