Braille Display - By Rotating multi octagonal segments

Project Abstract / Summary : The blind people can tactually read information directly from the computer by using Braille display. At present, piezo electric crystal Braille display available in the market. It is costliest one, about 5 lakhs. So many of the blind people cant buy this display. Our project is Braille display ,main specification (mechanism ) is by rotating multi octagonal segments. Cost is around 20000 . Using two stepper motor, we can get all possible Braille combination on the top of the octagonal segments. It is also used for self learning purpose.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : At present market, most of them trying to reduce the cost of the Braille display, so i also involved in that topic To reduced the cost by using different mechanism.( i.e) by rotating multi octagonal segments.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Panimalar Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In the society, there permanently increases number of people whose occurs the state of health requires relatively frequent medical checkup. People, who passed or suffer...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract— Coal mining has various fatal factors which menace the people. After a coal mine disaster the situation inside the tunnel is very dangerous as...
Project Abstract / Summary : An industry plays a vital role for the development of a Nation. Normally from industry considerable amount of waste will be generated and dumped into...
Project Abstract / Summary : This project is to design and develop a wireless digital notice board using Arduino GSM modem.The project is based on Arduino with GSM Shield for...
Project Abstract / Summary : DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF AMPHIBIOUS SURVEILLANCE VEHICLE B. Dhivakar, S. Dinesh Kumar. Department of Production Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai. Project Mentor: Dr. R....