Braided frame keeps very light rail on track

Engineer (UK) says: The frame, which is weaved, or braided, from carbon fibre composites into a series of tubes that can be easily fitted together, has been designed by researchers at WMG at the University of Warwick, alongside composite components company Far and Stratford upon Avon-based Transport Design International.

The prototype, which can be easily assembled using adhesive and simple welding, will allow VLR services to carry more passengers, while reducing the amount of energy needed to propel the vehicle.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

World Industrial Reporter has this:https://worldindustrialreporter.com/15-puzzles-that-will-keep-you-up-all-night/?adsrc_=article1(Tried posting on puzzles group. Could not open the dialogue box. Hence here)
My 10th nd +2 marks are fine. But my btech % is less. 50% . In which companies I can apply for a job?
Hello ma'am, am from Nagpur pursuing Engineeing with CSE branch, Can i apply for BHEL internships from Nagpur
By now, you may already know that we are in the process of merging "Discussions" and "Groups". I'm happy to report that the code is currently being tested and there...