Bose SoundTouch Music System Launched - Price Starts At Rs. 32,500 In India

Bose, the sound system and audio equipment mega-giant, is here with an awesome line of products. Called SoundTouch, the company has introduced a Wi-Fi music streaming system worldwide. Apart from streaming music wirelessly, the Bose SoundTouch system is also Apple AirPlay-enabled (making sure you can stream content from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch). Launched in three variants - the SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi, SoundTouch 20 Wi-Fi, and SoundTouch Portable Wi-Fi, we have a different set of tech specs and features for each one of them. For instance, the SoundTouch 30 Wi-Fi system offers exclusive wave guide technology and a new proprietary woofer to deliver enhanced sound and the power to serve as a home's main music system. Whereas, the SoundTouch 20 Wi-Fi system is a compact one with dimensions of 7 x 12 x 4 inch. Last but not the least, is the SoundTouch Portable Wi-Fi system, which can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to the built-in rechargeable, lithium-ion battery.

Using a button located on the systems, or via an app for advanced functionality, users can listen to their choicest of songs wirelessly. The systems feature six presets on the system itself or the system's included remote, and each can be personalized to an Internet radio station, music service channel, or stored playlist. "SoundTouch Wi-Fi systems are unlike any home sound system available today," said Phil Hess, vice president of Bose Home Entertainment. "They let you stream your favorite stations, playlists or artists in the easiest way imaginable, and they sound amazing. We believe SoundTouch systems will change music at home the way Bluetooth speakers changed music on-the-go."

bose-soundtouch

There's also the Bose SoundTouch app available on Android, iOS, Mac OS as well as Windows operating systems that make sure you can use the sound system via your smartphone, tablet or computer. Bose will also offer the SoundTouch controller, an accessory controller that works with any SoundTouch system. It features a circular design, volume dial and proximity sensor. All essential functions and information are integrated with the controller, including an OLED preset preview. The SoundTouch controller can be placed on a table, or on the wall using an included bracket. There's no Spotify support currently, however, and the system will only work with older Bose products if connected to a specially designed amp adaptor, which is expected to land next year.

Coming down to the availability and the pricing - The SoundTouch 30 system will be available for Rs. 52,763, the SoundTouch 20 at Rs. 32,512 and the SoundTouch Portable system for Rs. 32,512. All the systems will be available by mid-November, 2013 in India through Bose retail stores and Boseindia.com when it launches and a month later across authorized Bose dealers.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's an update about the Bose SoundTouch Music System price in the U.S. -

The SoundTouch TM 30 system - $699
    The SoundTouch TM 20 system - $399 (U.S.)
    The SoundTouch TM Portable system - $399 (U.S.)

Each will be available beginning October 10, 2013.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Back in June, we covered the the launch of BOSE QuietComfort 20 first in-ear noise cancelling headphones and Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker.

Bose Introduces Mini Bluetooth Speaker & Noise Cancelling Headphones

Also, you people should read about Amar Bose - The legendary #-Link-Snipped-# / sound engineer who redefined the music for audiophiles and breathed the last on July 12, 2013. He is an inspiration!
    Amar Bose, The Legendary Electrical / Sound Engineer Passes Away
  • Jibak Baksi
    Jibak Baksi
    All this is fine, but the Bose Range of products are overpriced and beyond the reach of the middle class man. I mean its ok if your sound system produces manageable quality sound, but its intolerable, if it burns a BIG hole in your pocket..... 😀

This is a prime reason why Bose equipments are not that much popular or rather wide spread in Indian markets, in spite of being of very fine quality.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jibak Baksi
    All this is fine, but the Bose Range of products are overpriced and beyond the reach of the middle class man. I mean its ok if your sound system produces manageable quality sound, but its intolerable, if it burns a BIG hole in your pocket..... 😀

This is a prime reason why Bose equipments are not that much popular or rather wide spread in Indian markets, in spite of being of very fine quality.
    If you want a great set of speakers for your computer or bedroom; I'd recommend AudioEngine A2. I did a lot of comparison with Bose and Harman Kardon and even LG; but settled with AudioeEngine. They are the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Xolo, the Indian handset manufacturer, is here with a new 7-inch tablet called the XOLO Play Tab 7.0 that runs the Android Jelly Bean operating system and offers an average...
If you have taken a Google PageSpeed test recently and haven't got a good result, chances are that Google gave you a suggestion about Avoiding Landing Page Redirects. Well, for...
It is a day to rejoice for the Harley Davidson fans, because the US based company has launched its new generation Street Glide in India. Priced at Rs. 29 lakh...
Actually I want to publish a research paper. But i m confused that whether the idea initiated by me is already published or not.So is there any software to check...
Hi CEans , I had noticed that most people are not wearing helmet while driving and I see a lot of people just buy a low class or low priced...