Bosch develops new Electronic clutch

The Bosch e clutch allows drivers using manual transmission to use first gear without using the clutch. We can simply use the brake and gas pedal just like the automatic transmission. This electronic clutch also saves fuel by making the coasting function possible.(i.e) The clutch decouples the engine from the engine if the driver is no longer accelerating .Thus we can save fuel.Bosch claims that their results show a average of 10 % reduction in fuel consumption when using electronic clutch.Also the major advantage is that it will cost very less when compared with automatic transmission. Also coasting enables decoupling of clutch from engine thereby saving fuel.
[​IMG]

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Bosch always leads the world with innovative thinking and giving the automotive industry a true gift that improves the efficiency of every vehicle. Bosch - the true supplier of Auto Industry
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Why is it a better option than automatic transmission? How does it save fuel at a margin of about 10%? Someone please explain this concept to me. I am not much of a automobile guy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello CEeans i have many question regarding this topic....let me put my questions 1)There is a device called rectenna which convert microwave frequency into DC signal...if this possible compact devices...
WANT TO KNOW SOME DETAILS ON VALVE STICKING: Hi CEans I want to know a some basic details on “Valve Sticking”.I am doing an ppt on Biogas and found that...
Recent trend shows that all Auto giants are greatly investing in the R&D department for implementing or to introduce first Auto Pilot Cars.All are striving hard to lead this new...
i have created a c++ program in which a user inputs a number and the compiler gives the sum of digits at hundred ,tens and ones place of that number...
ISRO - Indian Space Research Organization has confirmed that the launch of GSAT-7, India's first ever defence satellite was successful. The launch was scheduled at 2:00 AM today morning from...