CrazyEngineers
  • The Bosch e clutch allows drivers using manual transmission to use first gear without using the clutch. We can simply use the brake and gas pedal just like the automatic transmission. This electronic clutch also saves fuel by making the coasting function possible.(i.e) The clutch decouples the engine from the engine if the driver is no longer accelerating .Thus we can save fuel.Bosch claims that their results show a average of 10 % reduction in fuel consumption when using electronic clutch.Also the major advantage is that it will cost very less when compared with automatic transmission. Also coasting enables decoupling of clutch from engine thereby saving fuel.
    [​IMG]
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 29, 2013

Bosch always leads the world with innovative thinking and giving the automotive industry a true gift that improves the efficiency of every vehicle. Bosch - the true supplier of Auto Industry
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 29, 2013

Why is it a better option than automatic transmission? How does it save fuel at a margin of about 10%? Someone please explain this concept to me. I am not much of a automobile guy.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register