Books You Are Reading Right Now

Dedicating this thread to sharing the names of books you are reading right now.

Share the names and your opinions about it.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I wanted to read something outside my taste, so I picked up a book called 'Audacity of Hope' By Mr. Barack Obama.
    I am just 30 pages through it.
    Till now, he has shared his experiences with people in general, when either them or him didn't know that his journey was toward becoming the First Black President of the United States.
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    Going to read the book of awesome. One of my friend has got it through some book shop. Forgot the name of that book stall and that friend but will soon get a hand over it.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Got "A Journey to Entrepreneurship" book from my friend πŸ˜€I will start reading from today!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    power systems by J.B.Gupta
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Siddhartha by hermen heese
  • shaik.kamaloddin
    shaik.kamaloddin
    AbraKaDabra

Street lawyer By John Grashem
  • divya kumari
    divya kumari
    Playing with pizza written by John Girisham.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Swapnavasavadatta written by Bhaas, a story of King Udayan and his wife Vasavadatta. πŸ˜€
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    how to enjoy your life and your job by Dale Carnegie
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
    Androidβ„’ Application Development For Dummies by Donn Felker, Independent software development consultant
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    "Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch", By Arindam Chaudhuri
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    "The white tiger" by Aravind Adiga. Nice book and interesting story.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    nicepeeyush
    "The white tiger" by Aravind Adiga. Nice book and interesting story.
    Post a Book Review once to complete the book. 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have read this book 'The white tiger' long back and I am sorry to report that I found the book really pathetic. How could he write so many bad things about our nation. I guess he won some prize for this book too and people have found the content of the book amusing. I found it very disappointing.
    Reading an awesome book... The Ice Cream Maker... πŸ˜€ By Subhir Choudary
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    I am reading for the second time "The Twilight Saga" by Stephen Meyer
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    The notebook by Nicholas Sparks
    Ice Cream Maker by Subir Chowdhury
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    'Connect the Dots' - by Rashmi Bansal

Awesome book..very inspirational and thoughtful. Many of you must be knowing about this book.

This book is a must read for all wannabe Entreprenures !

[​IMG]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ursplfrnd: It's one of my favorite books. Do read, 'Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish' too. πŸ‘
    Reading Stay Hungry Stay Foolish πŸ˜€
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    AbraKaDabra
    @ursplfrnd: It's one of my favorite books. Do read, 'Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish' too. πŸ‘
    Yea. I heard its her first book. Will definitely get it and read.
    ursplfrnd
    Yea. I heard its her first book. Will definitely get it and read.
    So far so good... Going nice... 😁
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    praveenscience
    Reading Stay Hungry Stay Foolish πŸ˜€
    Hey.. Me tooπŸ˜€
    Its an inspirational book.
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    During holidays I read "The tower", Agatha Crstie's "Sparkling Cyanide", Sidney Sheldon's "Tell me your Dreams" And Chetan Bhagat's "Two States"
    and last night I read parts of Stephenie Meyer's "New moon" again. I love the seriesπŸ˜€
    Hey Guys, The book I was referring was "Revved" by Harry Paul and Ross Reck... Awesome Must Read for all!!! πŸ˜€ Get it if you dont have one!!! πŸ˜›
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    I am reading Indian Cooking.It's very good recipe book. πŸ˜›
    Reading Fish! πŸ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    AbraKaDabra
    yeah i've read those two books. they're so good. πŸ˜€ inspirational!
    now she is coming out with another book "i have a dream".
    she says
    'I Have A Dream' is the story of 20 idealists who think and act like entrepreneurs. They are committed to different causes, but they have one thing in common: a belief that principles of management can and must be used to achieve a greater common good.
    Reading "The Smashing Book"! πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    The great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor makes for a good read! Even Manju Kapur's books are awesome, you can connect yourself with the story!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I read a book called "Polyanna".

Its nice and it says everything about "being GLAD"
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    I am currently reading, "Programs of the Brain" by Jay Z. Young and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. I really enjoy these for their factual information and fascinating insights.
    Reading Deitel & Deitel - Programming the #-Link-Snipped-#. Second Ed... πŸ˜€ Waiting for the 3rd... πŸ˜›
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Wow, 2nd Edition ay? I've only read "HTML", by Elizabeth Castro, "Hacking for Dummies", and some on Real BASIC and C++. lol
    ProdigiousJ
    Wow, 2nd Edition ay? I've only read "HTML", by Elizabeth Castro, "Hacking for Dummies", and some on Real BASIC and C++. lol
    Nice... I just got third edition... Planning to get 4th Edition by tomorrow, and it features AJAX and Stuff... πŸ˜€
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Awesome. Just use your power wisely and not for the dark side lol. I ended up having to take my computer to this guy to get it fixed because that virus did soo much damage. It was finally detected as a Rootkit but it was ahead of its time cus the scanners didn't have it in its bank until after a few updates.
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    im currently reading THE NOTEBOOK by Nicholas Sparks that i borrowed from maria flor. πŸ˜€
    JavaScript Patterns, by Stoyan Stefanov... πŸ˜€ Awesome book...
    What's the best approach for developing an application with JavaScript? This book helps you answer that question with numerous JavaScript coding patterns and best practices. If you're an experienced developer looking to solve problems related to objects, functions, inheritance, and other language-specific categories, the abstractions and code templates in this guide are ideal -- whether you're writing a client-side, server-side, or desktop application with JavaScript. Author Stoyan Stefanov includes several examples for each pattern as well as practical advice for implementing them.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth! Classic!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am going through the last few chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows..
    12 more days to go.. The potter-mania won't end even after the last movie is released. πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ AKD: What is pottermore? A book or directly a movie?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Your question is spamming this thread.
    J.K. Rowling unveiled the full extent of her newest project in a press announcement, revealing Pottermore as free website that will feature "extensive new material about the characters, places and objects in the much-loved stories," all written by Rowling. It sounds like the vast majority, if not all of this material, is intended to supplement the "Potter" stories as they already exist, rather than create brand new stories all unto themselves. In other words, this appears to be Rowling's long awaited "Potter" encyclopedia, but in an online and interactive form.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Sidney Sheldon - Morning, Noon and Night!!
    Adobe Flex for Dummies... πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Just started "Eleven Minutes" after a long time
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Oil Hydraulic systems: Principles and maintenance. πŸ˜› Just kidding.

I am actually reading detective books by Enid Blyton- The famous five. simple not much philosophical.
    Five Point Someone, by Chetan Bhagat... πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Started reading "Ricardo Semler - Maverick" πŸ˜‰
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Finished Jef Archer's "Prison Diary 2" and Robin Cook's "Blindsight".

Both are good books, but the one by Jef Archer is really good!
    Gonna get next in For Dummies series of Wiley Books... πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have nothing to read. So reading Nancy Drew instead. πŸ˜•πŸ˜

Nancy Drew: Burnt down.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Reading "In-spite of the Gods" by Edward Luce! Read 10 pages so far, this one is a literary masterpiece!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I am really frightened to have this book. I don't know if it will change my notions or not. But guys, I have placed my hands over Rashmi Bansal's Stay hungry Stay foolish.

I have heard a lot about this book. keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Issue
    I am really frightened to have this book. I don't know if it will change my notions or not. But guys, I have placed my hands over Rashmi Bansal's Stay hungry Stay foolish.

I have heard a lot about this book. keeping my fingers crossed.
    Rashmi Bansal is a great inspiring author. You would surely enjoy that!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The 3 Mistakes of my Life by chetan bhagat.This book gifted by my friend. The First story book I've read by myself and it's quite average.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I just completed Reading "God Created Integers"

Dear Steven Hawkin, if there was a God of Science in this Millenia, it is certainly you. One of the greater agony in my life would remain to be the fact that "I might never meet you and touch your feet!" If ever God wants to give me a gift, be it my wish to see you Sir.

If anybody has not read this book, he probably would never know how interesting is mathematics. I owe you big time sir Hawkins.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am sure going to grab it and read.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    AbraKaDabra
    I am sure going to grab it and read.
    It is a mathematics "Bhagawat Geeta". If engineering is religion, which I consider it to be, this must be our religious book
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra

Two in tandem:

1. Truth and Beauty. Aesthetics and Motivations in Science by S.Chandrasekhar.

A fine collection of his talks.

2. Phantoms in the Brain by V.S.Ramachandran

The famous neurologist's exposition on Human Nature and the Architecture of the Mind. I am planning an experiment along his method for correcting some stroke related issues.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i've started reading "the immortals of meluha", the first part of the shiva trilogy, written by Amish Tripathi. a very good one! πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    bioramani

2. Phantoms in the Brain by V.S.Ramachandran

The famous neurologist's exposition on Human Nature and the Architecture of the Mind. I am planning an experiment along his method for correcting some stroke related issues.
    I saw his TED talk, and I was speechless.. It was simply awesome. One of my most favorite TED talks ever..

[youtube]Rl2LwnaUA-k[/youtube]

I would definitely try to get my hands on this book πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i've started reading "the immortals of meluha", the first part of the shiva trilogy, written by Amish Tripathi. a very good one! πŸ˜€
    A very good book indeed. I enjoyed it very much. Be sure to read the second part also "The secret of the Nagas". It's too good.
    I'm very eagerly awaiting the final part of the trilogy. πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm currently reading two books simultaneously..

One is "ABC murders" by Agatha Christie. It's a detective story with a serial killer killing victims whose names are in alphabetical order.
    And it has the indomitable Hercule Poirot. It's going good.. πŸ˜€

The other is 'Winning", a book on management and business by Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric.

I must say, reading a crime thriller and a business management book simultaneously is awesome!! Do try it πŸ˜€
  • Paul.
    Paul.
    There is one SF book that I recommend it from all my hearth: The Ice Schooner by Michael Moorcock
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    silverscorpion
    I saw his TED talk, and I was speechless.. It was simply awesome. One of my most favorite TED talks ever.. I would definitely try to get my hands on this book πŸ˜€
    I went through his talks too. Good stuff.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    silverscorpion
    A very good book indeed. I enjoyed it very much. Be sure to read the second part also "The secret of the Nagas". It's too good.
    I'm very eagerly awaiting the final part of the trilogy.
    yeah i've bought both the books.. πŸ˜€ will get the final book too! πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I have read this book πŸ˜€ , The way he created the story is good, but the write up is not that great.

I have started reading the second book.

I am also reading "The Metaphysics" by Aristotle.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The Secret of the nagas is also a good book.. I liked it.

Metaphysics is a awesome book , but it takes lot of time to understand that (for me)
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i'm reading chanakya's chant now. it is a political fiction and is a good book! πŸ˜€

but i must say some parts like the politics and economics were tough for me to understand in the first read. πŸ˜‰
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    Will start off with Inheritance, the fourth of the Inheritance Trilogy(later modified into fourth part). Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr were too good. All those who have read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings will love this book too πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    optimystix
    All those who have read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings will love this book too πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰
    Started reading the 'The Hobbit' It's different than what I expected.😲
    I will need some time to complete this one. β˜•
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    AbraKaDabra
    Started reading the 'The Hobbit' It's different than what I expected.😲
    I will need some time to complete this one. β˜•
    You didn't like it?

Have patience with the initial stuff, maybe 30 or so pages, then you will find your interest sky rocketing πŸ˜€

keep posting as and when you read it πŸ˜€

Ill check out more of CE later on, have got paper tomorrow and havent started with the studies yet πŸ˜”
    Congrats for the new outlook. It seems confusing at the moment but will rock once familiar with the new setting πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Now started - The Great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor!
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Edward de bono, Six Thinking Hats. Done reading half of the book, it's quite stuffed and going great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praba230890
    Edward de bono, Six Thinking Hats. Done reading half of the book, it's quite stuffed and going great.
    I read that book long ago. Didn't make much sense to me though. If you get time, do post an analysis of the book and the techniques in a separate thread. Say what? πŸ‘
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    The_Big_K
    I read that book long ago. Didn't make much sense to me though. If you get time, do post an analysis of the book and the techniques in a separate thread. Say what? πŸ‘
    Sure, I'll.πŸ‘
    A Practical Guide to Information Architecture, by Donna Spencer. Planning to read it today... πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Now reading - The girl with the dragon tattoo! (Second time πŸ‘ ) Saw the movie too!😎
  • Reya
    Reya
    Reading "The secret of the Nagas". Awesome book πŸ˜€

Guys, don't let this thread die!
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    reading " world is flat" by Thomas Friedman.
    Its about globalized world in the 21st century.
    aarthivg
    reading " world is flat" by Thomas Friedman.
    Its about globalized world in the 21st century.
    Isn't it a very old one?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Praveen-Kumar
    Isn't it a very old one?
    Yes. is it any rules not to read old books brother(just kidding) ?πŸ˜€
    aarthivg
    Yes. is it any rules not to read old books brother(just kidding) ?πŸ˜€
    Na. Just asked, as it seemed way too old! πŸ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Guys, it is a long time that I haven't read books.
    Currently I have two books on my agenda.
    1. The Toyota Way~Management principles based on lean manufacturing of Toyota company
    2. Entrepedia~Nandini Vaidyanathan

I want you all to suggest some good related ones! πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    tomorrow is my mid sem and I am reading ... Advance Operating Systems 😲😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Praveen-Kumar
    Na. Just asked, as it seemed way too old! πŸ˜›
    Just joined a Samskrit class. THAT is much older.
    Does not matter as I am old too.πŸ˜‰
    bioramani
    Just joined a Samskrit class. THAT is much older.
    Does not matter as I am old too.πŸ˜‰
    Saar! You are gold sir!!! 😁
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Recently i bought 'Word power made easy' book. Awesome book ! Very helpful to improve and get habituated to speak correct English. Tasks and examples given in that book makes your reading more interesting and practice oriented. I recommend this book to everyone.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    ursplfrnd
    Recently i bought 'Word power made easy' book. Awesome book ! Very helpful to improve and get habituated to speak correct English. Tasks and examples given in that book makes your reading more interesting and practice oriented. I recommend this book to everyone.
    hey. i too have that book. Its very helpful to clear general english aps test
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    aarthivg
    hey. i too have that book. Its very helpful to clear general english aps test

Really a good book . Worth buying and spending time on it.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Word Power Made Easy! πŸ‘
    It is an awesome book, etymology really makes vocabulary easy to understand.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The Kalam effect~P.M. Nair. Don't think it is very interesting though.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Not reading right now but have to read "Wings of Fire" by Kalam soon.πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    born_star16
    Not reading right now but have to read "Wings of Fire" by Kalam soon.πŸ˜€
    Read it. Its awesome!
    Finally laid my hands on two best books! Let us see if I get contradictory points. πŸ˜€

1. Entrepedia, 2. The Toyota way.

They will be my lunch and dinner for this month. πŸ˜€
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    "Arthamulla Inthumatham " by Kannadasan;
    It just portrays the real facts behind the religions.
    Waiting for Freakonomics and Thaneer desam
  • vinci
    vinci
    currently reading 'the 7 habits of highly effective people '😎
  • lal
    lal
    Page 1
    The Day of the Jackal, Frederick Forsyth.
    freakonomics by levitt Freak
  • Teresan
    Teresan
    Deception point by Dan Brown
  • Lakshana
    Lakshana
    the saint, the surfer and the CEO by Robin Sharma
    & the lucky one by Nicholas Sparks
    the murder of roger ackroyd by agastha christe
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Devdutt Patnaik's SITA got launched recently. πŸ˜€ Should be a good read.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Maruti Suzuki India has issued a press release saying that the company will call back 13157 Swift, Dzire and Ritz Diesel Engine cars. The company has discovered a flaw in...
Do you think social networking sites are eating our useful time? But what do you think what is their main aim? If I can give you a hint, start with...
Hi friends, there are a few pattern making materials which are used widely in industry. I will be telling you about them. Please correct me if I get wrong somewhere....
This is quite interesting. Researches funded by the Sao Paulo Research Foundation have found that minced banana peels are effective at absorbing toxic metal from water. Its good to know...
plz tell me about the regenrative braking sysytem. are these system used in cars these days,.,?what is the drawback of these.,.?