Book review - The ABC murders by Agatha Christie

Hi,

A few days back I read the book "The ABC murders" by Agatha Christie. This is a short review of it.

In the beginning of the book, the popular detective Hercule Poirot gets a letter from a certain ABC,
asking him to look out for Andover on the 21st of the month. Everyone around him believes the letter
is a hoax. But Poirot believes it's more than just a hoax. And sure enough, on the 21st, Mrs.Ascher
was found murdered in Andover.

The thriller starts from here.. Poitot would get similar letters form ABC announcing the place of the next
incident.. And exactly at that date, someone whose name begins with the next letter would be killed.

A is for Mrs.Ascer in Andover, B is for Betty in Bexhill, C is for Sir Carmichael in Churston.. With each
murder, the killer is getting more confident - but leaving a trail of deliberate clues to taunt the proud
Hercule Poirot. Will he make a mistake? Will the shrewd Poirot manage to catch the homicidal maniac
in time? Read the book to find out!!

It's one very interesting book. It's gripping and well written, with a very unexpected twist at the end,
which of course is characteristic of most Agatha Christie books. At the time of its publication in 1936,
Times wrote a review in which was stated "If Mrs. Christie ever deserts fiction for crime,
she will be very dangerous: no one but Poirot will be able to catch her".

I recommend this book to all Agatha Christie fans, and fans of crime fiction in general. Enjoy!! 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please can any one give me details about the internships for b.tech 2nd years please.............
HTC Sensation XE Mobile Features: Android Operating System 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) Custom made Beats headsets for extraordinary sound Faster performance in Multi-tasking and web browsing Aluminum unibody construction 4.3 inch expansive...
The American Institute of Engineering and Sustainable Development (AIESD) will be holding the 2012 International Civil Engineering & Sustainable Infrastructure Conference (ICESIC 2012) in New Delhi, India on May 24-26,...
Now a days, no company is hiring btech freshers so i am think to start with a small company but i am confused here. Like suppose i worked as Front...
Name:SHASHANK VERMA *Engineering Trade:ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Location: BHOPAL *Occupation: STUDENT *Hobbies & Interests: PLAYING FOOTBALL, HELPING.😛 *Aim in life: TO BE AN IAS OFFICER *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I WANT TO...