Book Review: Nothing Can Be As Crazy - Ajay Mohan Jain

CEans,

We are happy to review Mr. Ajay Mohan Jain's debu novel, "Nothing Can Be As Crazy" about the curious ways of life in urban middle-class. The novel has figured twice in the Top 20 Bestsellers list of India Today- for Jan 2010 and March 2010. Following is our official review:

Nothing can be as crazy, a book authored by Mr. Ajay Mohan Jain & published by Rupa & Company has all gradients of a simple, romantic, lucid & impulsive reading. A technocrat i.e. IITian, management (MBA) postgraduate, Mr. Jain describes a Probationary Officer’s twenty years service span in this book. Reader is engrossed in the journey along with Suresh Chandra; main character of the book in his initial Crazy days of trainee Probationary Officer at Hyderabad, Calcutta & Lucknow; while in Crazy ways he concludes his memoirs.

Crazy days i.e. the first part in which Author has been discreet about the decision of Suresh Chandra for joining banking profession against his educational background of having technical & management degrees as well as earlier jobs. It’s in those initial days that he is introduced to Philipose & Monalika. The Ten days Orientation Program at Hyderabad is focused mainly on the batch mates of both genders & their characters. All these characters are so described that the protagonist Suresh Chandra appears to be a very down-to-earth, conservative & a straight-forward guy. Others have a very experimenting, colorful & easygoing side during their stay at Hyderabad. Suresh Chandra on the other hand appears to be a true follower on the steps of other batch mates. The atmosphere described /painted by author at Staff College is more about surroundings & less about program so as to add some colors for excited reading. New recruits of P.O. can look forward to an exciting career.

C#-Link-Snipped-#razy ways i.e. the second part of the book mainly revolves about  Philipose & his trials and tribulations. Suresh Chandra is entangled in the casefor no reason and simultaneously on the home front for his reserved & uncommunicative nature with family members. By God’s grace, this middle class Banker finds ways to satisfy his professional commitments. It is interesting to know how he clears his family misunderstandings and obtainsfreedom from service tentacles.

Reader as said earlier, travels along with the character and experiences himself many times with the plot. Author has been successful to grip reader’s mind for complete start to finish reading experience.

About the author:

#-Link-Snipped-#
Ajay Mohan Jain

A  B.Tech. from I.I.T. Kanpur and trained at I.I.M. Ahmedabad, he worked with a leading commercial bank of the country where he got the opportunity to see life very closely through various phases and at various places all over India. The entire revelation was so compelling that he ‘dropped-out’ to pen these down.

He has been writing regularly- mostly on topics of general interest for various newspapers and periodicals but this is his first full-length work. He can be contacted at  info@ajaymohanjain.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan Prasad Ajinkya is joining CrazyEngineers VoiCE team as associate blogger. Prasad has been with CE for long time now and has been an exceptional contributor. You can read all...
Toyota's first retail hydrogen model, Toyota FCHV-adv is set to make a debut in 2015. Toyota is world's leading hybrid car maker and has been successful in bringing down the...
Editor's Note: This is a guest article contributed by Mr. Sameer Agrawal, Creative Director at MarTeck Consulting. In the realm of technology businesses, there are 2 types of sales that...
Cognizant has bought 18 year old global program management consulting firm, PIPC. Detailed News in CE's InFocus section.
In our previous post, Prasad talked about the myths of Web 2.0. I personally believe Web 2.0 is one of the most abused marketing term on the Internet. Lot of...