Body's resistance towards electricity..!

So the other day when i was in college...! one of ma frnd mentioned that our body's resistance to the electricity is in the order of 2 Mega ohms(in specific)..! i doubt this fact..! pls give me clarity..! is this true??

Replies

• Ali.imran
    Ali.imran
    body resistance depends on the conditions. It can be as high as 2 Mega ohm under extreme conditions and can be very less if you are in place with high humidity, like in rains wet skin gives an easy path to current.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    thank you...!!! man..!! 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    😀
  • K GAYATHRI
    K GAYATHRI
    i think the resistance of a human body is about 500 ohms even if a current of
    15mA passes through the body then the human gets shock
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A small incidence that happened in the mid seventies.
    Prof. Abraham, a physicist from the University of California was giving a lecture on Kirlian photography in Bangalore. He was attempting to diagnose cancer in the early stages. He showed slides of Kirlian photographs of the aura of cancer patients and normal people taken with high voltage applied at spots on the skin through a photographic film. Normal people showed uniform aura, while people with tumours under the spot showed spiky prints. He also told that 2000 volts were applied.
    Later he called for volunteers from the audience. None offered to try afraid of the 2KV. My colleague and I reached a bit late and were entering the hall when he called for volunteers. Both of us promptly offered to try. He exposed the film (polaroid) and developed it there itself. When he opened it was blank. The prof was also blank for a moment. Then he said that because of a busy travel schedule, he could not store the film properly and probably it was deactivated.
    We sat down. The perplexed professor suddenly whirled around and asked,'What were you people doing before coming here?' I said that we were returning from the last session of Transcendental Meditation training.
    He smote his forehead and wailed,'I bring this film all the way from California and try it on these two, who have just finished a TM session. It is well known that all meditation leads to very high skin impedance and no aura can be seen. At least I know now why the film was blank'.
    We were also happy that TM was doing something tangible.

The point is that skin resistance is highly variable even in the same person.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    thank you for sharing your memory..! and of course for clearing my doubt with an excellent anecdote...!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are 4 mathematicians - Brahma, Sachin, Prashant and Nakul - having lunch in a hotel. Suddenly, Brahma thinks of 2 integer numbers greater than 1 and says, "The sum...
PS: The Firstpost article on cows as fees used in the comic can be seen here. Also - 25th comic. Little milestone. Yay 😀
CISCO is all set to lay off 1,300+ associates, after stating that growing economic conditions and uncertainty is making it tougher to retain the associates by balancing the profits. Per...
Have you ever used enterprise social networks? If yes, you must have heard of Yammer; Mr Sacks (Also, the founder of Pay Pal) has Launched Yammer in 2008 and it...
is there is any idea to utilize the heat from the hot combusted gas coming out from aircraft engine