Bluetooth to WiFi or WiMAX

Hi!

i want to convert bluetooth signal to WiFi signal or some other technology. Is it possible ? 😔 If it is possible means how can i done this ? any body can help me 😔 😔

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    but why you need it to do?? bluetooth is the best technology available for transferring data?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, the hardware and protocol is very different 😛 Its not impossible, but it is very hard to do, and there is no point in doing so unless you can mention some applications.
  • micromahesh
    micromahesh
    sauravgoswami
    but why you need it to do?? bluetooth is the best technology available for transferring data?

No. i want to get file from Wifi signal and give bluetooth user's. (ex. From third floor sending some file to ground floor for receiving, But in ground floor only one wifi device is there . but users is so many people. i want send to all. so i want this technology conversion )

😔
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah... in that case, you can have a computer or laptop that has both bluetooth and WiFi hardware. This computer can act as the intermediary between them. Conversion would have to be done at the Top layer I suppose (software).

I havent done that before, but what you can try to do is set one port for the bluetooth and the other for the WiFi, then "bridge" them together.

There are probably existing specialized hardware for this, but they would be expensive.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    thats a good idea,ash,but how much data is to be transferred?? and what will happen when multiple users will try to download,wont it effect the speed of data transfer!!!
  • micromahesh
    micromahesh
    ash
    Ah... in that case, you can have a computer or laptop that has both bluetooth and WiFi hardware. This computer can act as the intermediary between them. Conversion would have to be done at the Top layer I suppose (software).

I havent done that before, but what you can try to do is set one port for the bluetooth and the other for the WiFi, then "bridge" them together.

There are probably existing specialized hardware for this, but they would be expensive.
    Thank u 😁
  • e&cengineer225
    e&cengineer225
    ITS VERY TOUGH TASK TO DO BECAUSE THE BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY IS USED FRO SHORT RANGE APPLICATION AND Wi-Fi IS THE SYSTEM WHICH CAN TRANSMIT THE DATA TO A LONG RANGES COMPARABLE TO BLUETOOTH
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    bluetooth and wifi are both different platforms and it is difficult to keep a bridge between the both platforms......
  • Swathy
    Swathy
    As far as i heard, mobile-tech-today.com once reported that Bluetooth is capable of achieving higher speeds by integrating Wi-Fi to transfer larger files. It wrote: “The association’s two-pronged design neatly addresses the issue of backward compatibility by taking a classic Bluetooth connection ‘and allowing it to jump on top of the already present 802.11 radio, when necessary, to send bulky entertainment data faster’.” Then, when the Wi-Fi radio is no longer needed, it returns to normal operation to save battery life. This will work even when a Wi-Fi signal is not present.
  • Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR
    Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR
    micromahesh
    Hi!

i want to convert bluetooth signal to WiFi signal or some other technology. Is it possible ? 😔 If it is possible means how can i done this ? any body can help me 😔 😔[/QUOTE
  • Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR
    Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR
    No convert but depend system and software ..but working purpose can easily convert add for computer and bluetooth connect pc

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, In part I of article "How to create, run & manage" website, we discussed the basics of getting started. In part II, we'll have a look at how to...
Hi , I am new to this posting method.
Hi 😔 I want to create one linked list in kernel space and access in application space . this hole process done in windows platform by using visual studio. In...
AIRCOM solution deployed to standardise OSS tools across mobilkom austria group 18 February, 2009 – Mobile World Congress, Barcelona & Leatherhead, UK – AIRCOM International, the leading independent network planning...
CEans, I see lot of bio medical engineers join CE. However, we do not have any discussions related to bio medical engineering. I am curious to know what bio medical...