From the Archives
Archived discussions on CrazyEngineers

@micromahesh • 17 Feb, 2009
Hi!

i want to convert bluetooth signal to WiFi signal or some other technology. Is it possible ? 😔 If it is possible means how can i done this ? any body can help me 😔 😔
@sauravgoswami • 18 Feb, 2009 but why you need it to do?? bluetooth is the best technology available for transferring data?
@Ashraf HZ • 18 Feb, 2009 Well, the hardware and protocol is very different 😛 Its not impossible, but it is very hard to do, and there is no point in doing so unless you can mention some applications.
@micromahesh • 18 Feb, 2009
sauravgoswami
but why you need it to do?? bluetooth is the best technology available for transferring data?

No. i want to get file from Wifi signal and give bluetooth user's. (ex. From third floor sending some file to ground floor for receiving, But in ground floor only one wifi device is there . but users is so many people. i want send to all. so i want this technology conversion )

😔
@Ashraf HZ • 18 Feb, 2009 Ah... in that case, you can have a computer or laptop that has both bluetooth and WiFi hardware. This computer can act as the intermediary between them. Conversion would have to be done at the Top layer I suppose (software).

I havent done that before, but what you can try to do is set one port for the bluetooth and the other for the WiFi, then "bridge" them together.

There are probably existing specialized hardware for this, but they would be expensive.
@sauravgoswami • 18 Feb, 2009 thats a good idea,ash,but how much data is to be transferred?? and what will happen when multiple users will try to download,wont it effect the speed of data transfer!!!
@micromahesh • 18 Feb, 2009
ash
Ah... in that case, you can have a computer or laptop that has both bluetooth and WiFi hardware. This computer can act as the intermediary between them. Conversion would have to be done at the Top layer I suppose (software).

I havent done that before, but what you can try to do is set one port for the bluetooth and the other for the WiFi, then "bridge" them together.

There are probably existing specialized hardware for this, but they would be expensive.
Thank u 😁
@e&cengineer225 • 21 Feb, 2009 ITS VERY TOUGH TASK TO DO BECAUSE THE BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY IS USED FRO SHORT RANGE APPLICATION AND Wi-Fi IS THE SYSTEM WHICH CAN TRANSMIT THE DATA TO A LONG RANGES COMPARABLE TO BLUETOOTH
@abhinaykumar • 07 Jun, 2010 bluetooth and wifi are both different platforms and it is difficult to keep a bridge between the both platforms......
@Swathy • 08 Jun, 2010 As far as i heard, mobile-tech-today.com once reported that Bluetooth is capable of achieving higher speeds by integrating Wi-Fi to transfer larger files. It wrote: “The association’s two-pronged design neatly addresses the issue of backward compatibility by taking a classic Bluetooth connection ‘and allowing it to jump on top of the already present 802.11 radio, when necessary, to send bulky entertainment data faster’.” Then, when the Wi-Fi radio is no longer needed, it returns to normal operation to save battery life. This will work even when a Wi-Fi signal is not present.
@Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR • 25 Jun, 2015
micromahesh
Hi!

i want to convert bluetooth signal to WiFi signal or some other technology. Is it possible ? 😔 If it is possible means how can i done this ? any body can help me 😔 😔[/QUOTE
@Mr.RAUSHAN KUMAR • 25 Jun, 2015 No convert but depend system and software ..but working purpose can easily convert add for computer and bluetooth connect pc

Related Posts

Archives

@dikshalakhe · Apr 4, 2012

Greetings..! My name is Diksha and I am an Industrial Engineer.. I want to pursue my masters in Automobile Engineering.. I am not clear on few things stated below: 1....
Archives

@Avi goyal · Dec 19, 2012

hi everyone... i have give C-CAT entrance test for c-dac DAC... please tell me at minimum score is required to qualify that exam with a good rank...in section A+B out...
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 24, 2014

Priced identically to the recently introduced Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone, the folks at ASUS have started taking pre-orders for the Asus Zenfone 4 (A450CG model) via Flipkart. The Asus Zenfone...
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Feb 27, 2014

Improving the speed of computing has been a challenging task taken up by researchers all over the worlds. A duo from Northeastern University has developed a series of devices that...
Archives

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 22, 2011

The structure of CPU for a typical Von Neumann Machine is as follows - [Image Courtesy - Donovan Book] The structure above consists of - 1. Instruction Interpreter 2. Location...