bluetooth modulation process

what kind of modulation are adopted in bluetooth technology?

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Bluetooth uses Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) technique which is used in spread spectrum signal transmission.

FHSS makes bluetooth communication more robust and secure.

Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    rishi0922
    Bluetooth uses Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) technique which is used in spread spectrum signal transmission.

FHSS makes bluetooth communication more robust and secure.

Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum
    Hello Rishi
    could you please elaborate FHSS?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    to understand Frequency hoping spread spectrum, its is necessary to understand how spread spectrum technology works.
    In spread spectrum , all you do is- spread your signal onto a very high frequency carrier wave form at the transmitter and retrieve the same at the receiver. The trick is - not only you, all other users will use the same bandwidth. The only way in which the receiver can know who you are - is by using some kind of pin to detect your signal. Your carrier wave is generated using this code and transmitted.
    At the receiver, we multiple the same carrier wave to generate the original signal.

Now coming to FHSS,
    the name itself says. it involves something like frequency and hopping. Here, our data signal will use single frequency of the complete carrier band and keep hopping to a different frequency.the way in which your signal hops over the carrier frequency is determined by a code. The code is such that no two users use same frequency to trasmit at any given time. So in a sense you are achieving orthogonality here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Great Place To Work website has released a list of top companies to work for in India - 1 Google India Pvt. Ltd. 1259 employees Google Industry: Information Technology...
wat is CE all about??
i need to work on blender as our mini project, may i get some technical topics which can be shown in 3d, as m new to animation, i need an...
hi,i got selected in patni on apr 15th through vit off campus, but stil i dn recieve any offer letter.im really upset...could pls tl me when they will issue...
hi guys, i would like to know what are the disadvantages of vb 6.0, with OOP perception. like what are its restrictions compared to an OOP language like vb.net or...