Blue Pill Problem

You've been placed on a course of expensive medication in which you are to take one tablet of Sildenafil and one tablet of Citrate daily. You must be careful that you take just one of each because taking more of either can have serious side effects.

Taking Sildenafil without taking Citrate, or vice versa, can also be very serious, because they must be taken together in order to be effective. In summary, you must take exactly one of the Sildenafil pills and one of the Citrate pills at one time. Therefore, you open up the Sildenafil bottle, and you tap one Sildenafil pill into your hand. You put that bottle aside and you open the Citrate bottle. You do the same, but by mistake, two Citrates fall into your hand with the Sildenafil pill.

Now, here's the problem. You weren't watching your hand as the pills fell into it, so you can't tell the Sildenafil pill apart from the two Citrate pills. The pills look identical. They are both the same size, same weight (10 micrograms), same color (Blue), same shape (perfect square), same everything, and they are not marked differently in any way.

What are you going to do? You cannot tell which pill is which, and they cost $300 a piece, so you cannot afford to throw them away and start over again. How do you get your daily dose of exactly one Sildenafil and exactly one Citrate without wasting any of the pills?

Replies

• pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    here is my solution:

I will take out one more tablet of Sildenafil and will dissolve all in a glass of water. Once all the four tablets are completely dissolved i will half the water and will take that on first day and will take remaining half glass of water next day.

BTW, do you know what these Sildenafil and Citrate tablets are [😛]

-Pradeep
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    almost on line with Pradeep, but instead I will ground all the 4 tables as I am not sure effects of mixing it with water and keeping it for day long.

I will now consume half of this grounded medicine today and remaining half tomorrow😁
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    well the answer is correct...but it would be better to cut each tablets into two pieces instead of dissolving them into water or grounding them....
    but the logic is absolutely correct...great work...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi Any body knows what is the selection procedure of CERT (computer emergency response team india) ,what kind extra knowledge is needed and plz tell me if you also know...
Hi friends!! I am in a huge trouble. This is my situation: everyone's here is telling me that I should not go for Punjab Technical University or Lovely professional university...
Are there guys who are doing stock trading and making money ? And can we exchange some ideas ?
Hi I am new in this forum and hope I will enjoy here of my visit .I hope you all are always supportive with me. ===================================================================
Hi friends please help me in solving these questions Q.1 Interface 2K Byte ROM and 3K Byte RAM with 8085. Memory IC available are 1K x 8 ROM, 1K x...