BlackBerry Z3, Jakarta Edition Announced; Goes On Sale In Indonesia From May 15th

BlackBerry’s attempt at revival finally has a launch date. The BlackBerry Z3 Jakarta Edition will go on sale for customers in Indonesia from 15th of May. BlackBerry #-Link-Snipped-# the Z3 Jakarta Edition at the Mobile World Conference held in Barcelona this year. The new handset from BlackBerry is the result of its five year partnership contract signed with Chinese electronics contract manufacturing company Foxconn, who are well known for mass producing Apple iPhones and iPads. The Z3 Jakarta Edition also marks a shift in BlackBerry’s product marketing. The smartphone has several custom features to entice Indonesian customers. For starters, it allows users to seamlessly switch between Indonesian and English while typing text. Next, it has announced a special limited edition variant of the BlackBerry Z3 which shall feature the inscription “Jakarta” on the back of the device. For convenience of customers, BlackBerry preloads regional applications such as Compass, CLICK Music, 21 Cineplex, and more. Finally it has included a special set of BBM Stickers featuring local characters, The Punakawan, created by Indonesian illustrator Susilo Saptoady.

BlackBerry Z3 (1)

Coming to the technical specifications, the BlackBerry Z3 sports a 5” LCD panel display which has a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Underneath the hood, we find a Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon 400 chipset that houses a 1.2 GHz dual-core Krait 200 processor, Adreno 305 GPU and a rather impressive 1.5GB of RAM to handle the BlackBerry 10.2.1 OS. On the rear of the 9.2mm thin handset you get textured back panel on which you can find a 5 MP auto focus camera with LED flash which is capable of recording full HD videos. The front 1.1MP snapper might disappoint selfie takers but it makes for average video calls. In terms of connectivity you are duly covered with Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, microUSB and NFC. Its non-removable Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery promises good standby and talk time figures.

The BlackBerry Z3 Jakarta Edition costs 2,199,000 IDR which is the equivalent of 11,435.80 INR or 190 USD. It shall be sold through BlackBerry Lifestyle stores in Indonesia as well as authorized partners for BlackBerry Z3 from May 15th. Before we open the discussion to our readers, we would like them to go through #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and unboxing video below.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Most of the time I have seen blackberry device with the professionals or for official usage.

I am not sure, if below configuration will be able given a desirable performance

Underneath the hood, we find a Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon 400 chipset that houses a 1.2 GHz dual-core Krait 200 processor, Adreno 305 GPU and a rather impressive 1.5GB of RAM to handle the BlackBerry 10.2.1 OS
    I know the price is on the lower side, still I believe, looking at the targeted users of blackberry they should have given a better processor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want previous year question papers of Jr Engineer SSC exam both Part I and II. Kindly upload or send me the link(post here). Thank You in advance.
Back in July 2006, almost all of India got glued to the television screens as the national media aired the rescue operation of the 5-year old kid, named Prince, who...
Motorola has sent shivers down the spine of regional smartphone manufacturers like Karbonn, Micromax and Lava by unveiling its most affordable handset yet. Moto E was launched in India today...
The modern sedentary life has led more health problems than ever. Whether you are a student or working professional, chances are you might be spending more than six hours a...
Gingerbreadman submitted a new project: To the future - what if we can acctully make boards that can float? So the term huvr board (HOVER BOARD) is known form the...