Biomedical signal monitoring in a Telemedicine system for Medical services

Project Abstract / Summary :
  • It deals with the Internet of things in which people or animals,objects are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to automatically transfer data over a network without requiring human to human or human to computer interaction.
  • It has evolved from the convergence of wireless technologies,micro-electromechanical systems and the Internet.
  • Temperature,heart beat and pressure of the patients can be sensed using a sensor and the data is transmitted through Wi-Fi and ZIGBEE.
  • The patient deatails are monitored in a periodic interval using wireless sensor technologies.
  • There is no need for a doctor to visit the patient periodically.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : It provides real-time patient monitoring so that the patient can be monitored periodically from anywhere.
It can save many people's life where there is no individual person to take care of them.
It will be useful for both the doctors as well as the patients because the system gives an alert signal to the doctor whenever there is an emergency.
The doctor can give antibiotic or treatment to the patient from the place where he/she is.

Project Highlights : Our project should win this contest because it is an application oriented project.
It would save many patients life during emergency and also can be monitored periodically.
It can be implemented in hospitals where all the patients can be checked periodically by the doctor.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Prathyusha Engineering college
City: Thiruvallur
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just last month, NASA released a report stating it was in the process of installing a gigantic mirror in its James Webb Space Telescope. It mentioned that it was using...
Project Abstract / Summary : The prime goal of the system is the management of waste generated(solid,liquid or degradable or non-degradable) and simultaneously providing doable measures for the same. The...
I have bad academic records in engineering and even in school too. I have passed my schooling with second division and i got 65% provision degree in engineering. Will i...
At the Google I/O developers meet in 2014, we witnessed the launch of a benchmark platform that has tasted sweet success in the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality market, the...
In a world constantly under the grip of terror activities, scientists have created a material which turns fluorescent if there are molecules from explosives in the vicinity. Researchers from University...