Biggest Lesson I've Learnt During My Entrepreneurial Journey So Far

It's been almost 2+ years ever since I started my entrepreneurial journey. The biggest lesson I've learned as an entrepreneur is that business is all about relationships & people. It's not about what you sell or buy; but all about who are you dealing with.

I know, this is bit philosophical, but it's 100% true. All you need is to talk sweet with everyone you meet or do business with. You've to be polite and nice to everyone. People love to deal with nice people. You have to gain complete control over your temper and words.

Mind well, words are what that can make or break a deal. And it applies not only to business, but everywhere. Being straightforward about negatives could be the 'way of life' for most of the people, but it won't get the things done in your favor. You've to use your conscience to determine when to be straightforward.

Just thought of sharing this with all of you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    That was really nice to share your experience with us.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Thanks for sharing your experience Biggie. Yes, it is true, that its all about dealing with people. For example, there are a lot of food stalls near the place I live, but I chose a particular stall to have my evening snacks just because the shopkeeper smiles at me and says a warm namaskaar everyday!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    All you need is to talk sweet with everyone you meet or do business with. You've to be polite and nice to everyone. People love to deal with nice people. You have to gain complete control over your temper and words.

You've to use your conscience to determine when to be straightforward.
    All points noted. ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you so much.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    The_Big_K
    All you need is to talk sweet with everyone you meet or do business with. You've to be polite and nice to everyone. People love to deal with nice people. You have to gain complete control over your temper and words.

Mind well, words are what that can make or break a deal. And it applies not only to business, but everywhere. Being straightforward about negatives could be the 'way of life' for most of the people, but it won't get the things done in your favor. You've to use your conscience to determine when to be straightforward.

Just thought of sharing this with all of you. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks sir for sharing your experience and yes it is very true that business is all about human nature and business depends on trust and for trustworthy we need to have nice talk with others to whom we are dealing and each and every words do matter very much in business.
  • alikamu
    alikamu
    i think part of it true....where u said to be nice...
    but last part is false....u have to have a good product to sell

no offense just my view ......
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    The_Big_K
    Mind well, words are what that can make or break a deal. And it applies not only to business, but everywhere.
    Yes, absolutely!
    Words are indeed what makes your impression on the next person. It doesn't matter who you are, what you are!
    Thank you for sharing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, Can anyone direct me in a direction where I can find information on communicating to a device through text messages or missed calls? A simple example: sms'ing a...
hello CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ are there any CAT 2010 takers out there:?: the exam starts today and extends till the 24th November. the prometric is conducting the online test this year...
Sony Ericsson's Yari is one heck of a popular phone model available (Released in September 2009) for a very descent price that offers plethora of features. Let's have a look...
Nokia, the name synonymous with mobile phones in India is now finding it difficult to compete with the local brands that have sprung up like mushrooms. The company already has...
The new Nokia N97 Mini is a new phone in the N series that sports lot of improved features. The phone's got 3.5" widescreen and a very fast browsing experience,...