Bicycle Design Competition in Seoul

This question is to all those who loved riding their bicycle in their school days, “Don’t you miss the cool breeze brushing your face as you paddled against your limit?” Well, I do. I am sure there are many of us who have rotting bicycles at their homes, in their not-so-good condition.

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#It’s like a thumb rule that, what goes away comes back. And comes back with style! It’s time we say hello to our bicycles and begin riding them again. Nothing can be more Eco-friendly and cost-saving at the same time.

The Seoul Design Foundation has announced The Seoul Cycle Design Competition. The primary goal of the competition is to help build a design oriented city that focuses on its people.

The Theme of this competition is: “Cycling With Design: SEOUL style”

The competition is divided into three categories:
  • Cycle Design
  • Cycle Fashion & Accessories Design
  • Cycling Infrastructure
All three categories emphasize environment-friendly ideas, with the hope that the contest will contribute to establishing a healthier cycling culture. Nearly everyone can enjoy riding cycles; therefore, just about everyone will be able to enter the competition.

Even if you judge between our fast, fuel consuming vehicles and bicycles, I can state a list full of advantages of riding a bicycle. #-Link-Snipped-#Let me remind you some:

[*]We save money on Fuel

[*]Bicycle requires less or no maintenance.

[*]We can cut the cost on Gym. Because cycling daily is the best good for our health. It helps build a strong heart and muscular limbs.

[*]Believe it or not we can reach our colleges and offices way earlier than usual. A bicycle never gets stuck in traffic jams.

[*]Lastly, there are no Parking Problems! What a relief!

And imagine what if get all this and more. “Bicycles with Style”
How cool is that!

Seoul is working hard to become a city that sets global standards that will lead the way in urban development well into the 21st century.
The competition is open for everyone across the world. They are emphasizing on practical designs that can be commercialized within five years. Have a look at their website:  #-Link-Snipped-#

Let your creativity roar in! You can register your entry at : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This article is #4 in the series on Entrepreneurship and continued from "Entrepreneurs Should Learn To Fail". Point 4: It’s not about being your boss. It’s about having a vision....
One of my assumptions about career design lays shattered today. I thought that students do not have visibility into their next career spaces, and that is why there is so...
The Football Fever is in the air. Then, how can this arena remain untouched by Technologists around the globe? Since 1992, RoboCupTM Group has made an attempt to foster AI...
This article is continued from "Want to be your own boss? Think Again!" Point 5: It’s not about taking risks. It’s about taking calculated risks. Typically, entrepreneurs are considered as...
NotionInk's CEO, Rohan Shravan, recently published a post informing users that they won't have to wait until November 2010 to get ADAM in their hands. The team is working hard...