Want a good laptop under 40k ,Did a little search and get
Under 30k i can get:
i3
4gb ram
500gb hdd
2gb Nvidia
linux
which is enough for me.
but as my major purpose is programing and am supposed to use laptop min 8-10hr/day so need a laptop which is handy,Not have much heating problems, and the manufacture provides better services and (which is dell, As much i am concerned) Need an advice from the CEans.
Please Name the model of the laptop if u can .
P.S. : I prefer a 14' screen for better battery performance, and light wieght , 15' will also be ok.

Replies

• vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    In that case You can opt sony vaio, E series (VPCEG2AEN). I am using since 3 and 1/2 years till now, I didn't have to visit any service centre ! It has 13.5 inch screen and less weight (compared to dell,HP). No heating problem (where as in laptops like HP,DELL you can observe heating problem). But please buy it with 3 pin charger. I faced problem with 2 pin charger.
    I bought it for around 34k at that time.
    Its features are
    i5
    RAM 4GB
    hard disk drive 320 GB
    WIND 7 (64 Bit)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've heard good reviews about Samsung machines too; but haven't used any.
  • priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    you can go for dell inspiron 2 in 1 series.. they have everything that you mentioned in a good price range but the screen size is around 11.6" ,,which is touchscreen.
    they are easy to carry flexible and great battery backup
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# . U can go for #-Link-Snipped-#000 Series. A friend brought it a week back.

P.S. You will get Smart Student premium offer worth Rs. 12999 for just Rs. 1699 if you make a purchase between 1 July 15 to 31 July 15.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# looks good and matches your requirement. Plus it ships with DOS so you'll have to waste lesser time in installing any Linux distro.
    I have used Intel CPUs and AMD's too, I am tinsy bit inclined towards AMD's architecture and I would choose Carrizo APU over any of Intel CPU's to be honest.

However, to each on his own.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    vishnu tej
    In that case You can opt sony vaio, E series (VPCEG2AEN). I am using since 3 and 1/2 years till now, I didn't have to visit any service centre ! It has 13.5 inch screen and less weight (compared to dell,HP). No heating problem (where as in laptops like HP,DELL you can observe heating problem). But please buy it with 3 pin charger. I faced problem with 2 pin charger.
    I bought it for around 34k at that time.
    Its features are
    i5
    RAM 4GB
    hard disk drive 320 GB
    WIND 7 (64 Bit)
    Viao is not manufacturing laptop anymore ,and it's been around a year
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've heard good reviews about Samsung machines too; but haven't used any.
    i will look toward them,but not heard about there warranty services, the dell offer which is going on now provides ,2 year additional in house warranty @1699 only.

priyank bhardwaj
    you can go for dell inspiron 2 in 1 series.. they have everything that you mentioned in a good price range but the screen size is around 11.6" ,,which is touchscreen.
    they are easy to carry flexible and great battery backup
    touch screen laptop needs too much care to handle,and 11.6 is little less.

Vikram S Bargah
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# . U can go for #-Link-Snipped-#000 Series. A friend brought it a week back.

P.S. You will get Smart Student premium offer worth Rs. 12999 for just Rs. 1699 if you make a purchase between 1 July 15 to 31 July 15.
    hmmm,,,this one seems good,i think i have missed this one because of 15' inch screen ,but not getting satisfied with 14' laptops considering to buy this one,Want to confirm one thing,Not seen in specification,Is this laptop have only one ram slot?How's your friend Experierence with laptop?

Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# looks good and matches your requirement. Plus it ships with DOS so you'll have to waste lesser time in installing any Linux distro.
    I have used Intel CPUs and AMD's too, I am tinsy bit inclined towards AMD's architecture and I would choose Carrizo APU over any of Intel CPU's to be honest.

However, to each on his own.
    My brother is using hp laptop ,already have a very very bad service experience with them.For HP its a big no

Considering this one#-Link-Snipped-#

And Thanks everone for Help .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Housing.com has been hacked! The website's front page currently shows a message from the hacker with hashtags [HASHTAG]#rahulyadav[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#housingdown[/HASHTAG]. It looks like the hackers are taking a short at...
I need to prepare current affairs for PSU's entrance exam. What is the best source for it? Please suggest. Thanks in advance
I am a final year student i am in desperate need for a good topic for the main project kindly help me with some good options thank you 😀
hii..i'm from eee branch..Can i crack thoughtworks interview with the knowledge of only 'c'?? clarify my doubt pls.....
Would you guys definitely consider buying a laptop like this one? (Dell Inspiron 15 i5548-1670SLV Signature Edition Laptop) I am a CE student sophomore I will be using most of...