Best investment strategy: Got 100k bucks to invest

Let's say I've about 1,00,000 bucks spare in my bank and I want to invest them wisely.

What investment strategy do you suggest and why?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Bump]
    Looking back, this thread looks stupid to me. However, sooner or later, all of us have to care about investing & managing money.

So, how do financial minds on CE handle this problem?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Let us start with your risk taking abilities and returns desired. I give you following options. Choose that you may think are the best. Please don't be biased because you have heard about some thing some where or you know nothing about it.

1. Start a business. (I know your question would be, how come with only 100k. But this is an option.) High Risk Uncertain return.
    2. Invest in equity. High risk, High Return.
    3. Invest in Mutual Funds. Moderate risk moderate return.
    4. Go to the debt market and lend it to a needy businessman. Moderate to high risk- Moderate to high return.
    5. Invest in debt instrument. Low risk low return.
    6. Buy a ULIP policy. Life secured but low return.
    7. Keep it in bank. No return.

These are some of the beginners options. There can be many permutations and combinations that can also be altered/exchanged from time to time. I'm ready to discuss this depending on how you desire to move ahead. Choose your options and I'll suggest their pros and cons.
  • BOBBY
    BOBBY
    2. Invest in equity. High risk, High Return.
    3. Invest in Mutual Funds. Moderate risk moderate return.

can u eloborate more on these two types of investments.I mean like
    How to start ,keep track and stop scenarios with respect to current market structure in India.

This is very interesting topic.Engineer should know how the markets work out.

"Engineering is called Successfull when Bussiness related to it is Successfull"

Thanks
    Bobby
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Let's say I've about 1,00,000 bucks spare in my bank and I want to invest them wisely.

What investment strategy do you suggest and why?
    I will invest this money in some dividend type MF.

Rational behind this is they are more safer then the growth based.
    Second profit is I will get around half of the money back very soon, say 50,000 as dividend which I can utilize in any other purpose. may be again I will invest 50 K in MF and will get half money back, and same cycle I will repeat. At the end of a year or so I will get around 80K back in my pocket.

However some of my money is secured as units (MF units.). There are fair chances that MF company will give me dividend in subsequent years. Also this will help me in saving (1 LPA) for income tax. and the dividend I will get will be tax free.

-Crazy
  • rajsantosh
    rajsantosh
    Hello Friends

First of all i would like to introduce my self. I recently joined this forum. I doe my engineering from NIT Nagpur in Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering. After that i done MBA. And now I am working with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company.

As per my knowledge i would like to say that as market is going down now a days u should invest in ULIPs because right now is a very good time for investment bcz at ths time u can buy more units. You can invest in Short term or long term Ulips.

For more detail contact on .

Regards
    Rajni Kant
    A member of PGPMI Family
    ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Now you can blog directly from iPhone using SixAparts' BlogIt! Check the details here - TypePad - Features - Blogging on the iPhone
hi, guys i really need iDeas regarding my Project in mEcHaNiCaL Engg...
hi guys. I am working on a project which requires me to determine whether a given image is an original camera ouput or it is morphed in any which way....
So, today is Friday the 13th. What's your plan for today? 😒
Its official now! Google Press Center: Press Release Yahoo & Google have joined hands. Yahoo will now use Adsense for search & Adsense for content! This deal is supposed to...