Best chemical engineering companies to work for?

There are a lot of chemical engineers with us here and one of them started a conversation with me here on CE asking if I know the best companies for chemical engineers to work at. I being clueless about answering this, started this thread to gather information about the same. Now, "best" chemical engineering companies could fit into different parameters for different people.

So, let us make a list of the highly successful companies that offer good R&D opportunities, great pay, good perks, have easy-to-get-along work culture and where work is fun.

From the little information I could browse, I see that Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Unilever top some of the lists. But these are just the well known names.

Please share the names of companies and why they're awesome to work for.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Chemical Engineers can fit in Biomedical space. We are having (9 DEC-13DEC) a symposium on Biomedical Engineering at VNIT, Nagpur. Where people from IIT Bombay, AIIMS, private practitioners of eminent repute and former ISRO advisors are speaking.

Not exactly Chemical, but I can name 2 companies (biomedical), ADInstruments, Otto Bock who manufacture biomedical instruments. Here Chemical Engineers can fit.

All of them say they need chemical, electrical and electronic engineer to test their instruments. This is because in human body involves lot of chemical and electrical (neural) activity.
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    i personally aim at government sector.
    1) Petroleum industries like ONGC, IOCL, reliance petroleum etc
    2) paint industry like burger, nerolacs etc
    3) fertilizer industry like IFFCO, aditya birla group(i don't exactly know what they call there fertilizer plant.
    4) paper and pulp industry
    5) chemical manufacturing unit
    these are some industries where a chemical engineer may apply.
    but for finding a job in ONGC or IOCL type company, you have to gain very good percentile in GATE.
    Right now, we have 8 vacancies for chemical engineer in BIS(bureau of Indian Standard)
    more over, some pharmaceutical companies also recruit chemical engineers.
    and one of my friend told me that Indian Forest Services issue vacancies for mechanical and chemical engineers.

P.S- finally a post related to chemical engineering. otherwise most of the post contains electrical, electronics, IT and CS knowledge which i have no idea what they talk about. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Neda Hashmi
    i personally aim at government sector.
    1) Petroleum industries like ONGC, IOCL, reliance petroleum etc
    2) paint industry like burger, nerolacs etc
    3) fertilizer industry like IFFCO, aditya birla group(i don't exactly know what they call there fertilizer plant.
    4) paper and pulp industry
    5) chemical manufacturing unit
    these are some industries where a chemical engineer may apply.
    but for finding a job in ONGC or IOCL type company, you have to gain very good percentile in GATE.
    Right now, we have 8 vacancies for chemical engineer in BIS(bureau of Indian Standard)
    more over, some pharmaceutical companies also recruit chemical engineers.
    and one of my friend told me that Indian Forest Services issue vacancies for mechanical and chemical engineers.

P.S- finally a post related to chemical engineering. otherwise most of the post contains electrical, electronics, IT and CS knowledge which i have no idea what they talk about. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Congrats on taking the revenge.lol
    Now, I am clueless here... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Neda Cool answer. You can start as many threads as you want in the Chemical engineering section. We actually want to keep it alive and kicking. ๐Ÿ˜€ A lot of chemical engineers regularly visit the site, so we will always have people to answer and discuss these topics.
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    [Prototype]
    Congrats on taking the revenge.lol
    Now, I am clueless here... ๐Ÿ˜
    Revenge??? now I am clueless!!!
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    Ankita Katdare
    @Neda Cool answer. You can start as many threads as you want in the Chemical engineering section. We actually want to keep it alive and kicking. ๐Ÿ˜€ A lot of chemical engineers regularly visit the site, so we will always have people to answer and discuss these topics.
    sure @#-Link-Snipped-# .. I have something going on in my mind, i will post it as soon as possible. bur right now my semester exams are on my head..
  • Satyendra maurya
    Satyendra maurya
    Dow chemical & BASF will be better.....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any more additions to the list? What is a dream company for a chemical engineering under-graduate student?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of people who do the small forms and basic HTML web pages designing at home need a good and handy color picker tool. Mostly, when taking colors scheme...
The details of the XOLO Opus Q1000 smartphone are now out. It was announced a bit earlier but most information about its specs, features and price was not available. Now...
Was reading about the i2i cable which runs 3200 km from Chennai to Singapore, owned by Airtel and will be shared by Reliance Jio. What astonished me was that the...
Here is the new innovation in the civil engineering technology. The Tower Infinity (An Invisible tower), it is proposed by GDS Architect to south korea. This is the world first...
my book, looking for a paper publisher for now half of it is online, lots to discuss, most recently, these designs to radically improve helicopter stability https://www.flight-light-and-spin.com/principle-of-flight.htm