Best Books For Learning Java

Hey Computer and IT engineering i am student of EC interested in learning JAVA from basics to quite depth can you recommend me some Book titles????
ASAP...

Replies

• circularsquare
    circularsquare
    The best source for learning JAVA is the online Java tutorials.
    The Really Big Index
    Java Tutorials Learning Paths
    The Java™ Tutorials

The above three links are one and the same , only organisation of index is different.
    The tutorial starts from scratch as you ask.

It is also available in book format in case you don't like reading from a PC.

Amazon.com
    or on #-Link-Snipped-# ,where it is currently out of stock.

Head first Java is another good book which has a very friendly informal style of teaching.Though some of the content wouldn't be covered.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Head First Java - Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates - Google Books limited preview.

Of course before learning Java it would be an added advantage if you know C programming because Java syntax is similar to C. In case you don't know much C, you should study K and R.The C Programming Language
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd strongly recommend Head First series to any computer programming novice. But if you're already skilled in one or the other programming languages (say: C, C++), you can go with the other advanced books.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    The_Big_K
    I'd strongly recommend Head First series to any computer programming novice. But if you're already skilled in one or the other programming languages (say: C, C++), you can go with the other advanced books.
    i recommend to first get the overview of language by reading simple books like the one by Balaguruswami, and then to read in detail with head-first java.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Check #-Link-Snipped-# as well.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Also try Herbert Schildt's Java Complete Reference, Head First series of books... 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ashhish000
    I refer u for head first ...and for other good book visit
    & download with a single click
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    & download .,.,
    Do not use SMS Language!
  • ruchisinglars
    ruchisinglars
    I suggest you the Head First JAVA book.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my project deals with Controlling of Home appliances using IR Remote...can anyone plz help me out..
How accelerator works in BIKE and CARS. I want brief explanation with sketch images 😀
hi every one.........i am thinking to design a electronic equipment..its like a gaurd..when some one punches in it the amount of force will be calculated respectively..then the punching force of...
Hi CE'ans, I am fond of mechanical designing. I heard Hyper mesh is a very advanced meshing software at present. Can any one provide me the software downloading and tutorials...
I hope the Playstation addicts here on CE haven't missed this news. Sony has released an update to firmware and the firmware version 4.10 brings you the following new changes...