Bajaj Pulsar 150/180 Owner Reviews

Bajaj Pulsar is one of the hottest selling motorcycles in India. I'm sure we've many Pulsar owners on CE. If you've used Bajaj Pulsar for at least a few weeks, I request you to post your reviews of the bike.

Base your reviews on ownership costs, mileage in cities and highways, servicing costs, stability on roads et al.

I'm sure it will be very useful for everyone on CE ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I own a Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc since 4 years now!
    Its highly popular and is a hit ๐Ÿ˜€

Some history now::

It was launched in 2001 , but quickly was re modified due to fuel tank issues. (There were cases , when people used disk brake with speed more than 50KMPH ,they died)

The modified version with round head light and spike wheels looks awesome! yeah Definitely male ๐Ÿ˜€

Next (in 2005) , they launched another version with Alloy wheels , 13.5 BHP , and nitrox powered shock absorbers is a huge hit.

There were saying that ,after this model all other models concentrated more on looks not on performance.

My bike is the 2005 model , self start bike.

Ownership Cost: As it is bajaj the cost of spares is comparatively very less than Honda and Hero Honda bikes.
    mostly the rear brake shoe should be replaced every 6 months (In fact you should, it will not last longer than that)
    For every service you will be charged around 500 INR.

Mileage: In city in hyderabad it gives mileage around 50 KMPL.
    If you go for a long drive and maintain speed averaging 70, it gives 58KMPL.
    If you drive with average speed above 80 and below 90 it gives 55KMPL.

Above 100 , it just gives 42!! I went to Bangalore from Hyderabad so I tested this myself for all speed averages. ๐Ÿ˜€

As far as stability is concerned it is very stable even on wet roads.
    But only care should be taken is dont use disk brake when you bend your handle. You will definitely fall down ๐Ÿ˜€

Have any questions on Pulsar, Apache, Splendor , Yamaha RX 100 (my favorite) let me know!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am Diva, doing 3rd year Electronics and communcation engineering.We are supposed to do our mini project after 1 month.I wish I could do my mini project using microcontrollers.I...
I needed a simple headphone and the shopkeeper pointed me to this device. iBall is a well known brand in India and since I prefer headphones over earphones, I decided...
do anyone have final year projects on power audio amplifier with microcontroller interface?
Can anyone tell me how to write a simple gauss siedel program in matlab??
The Titanic called Yahoo is doing what it should have done years ago when Google was trying to launch Gmail - that's my initial reaction after looking at the new...