Bajaj Discover 100 M Price, Specs & Features Shout "A Mileage Bike At Large"

Bajaj Auto has taken to the heart the matter of bringing a bike in the Indian market best suited for the mileage crazy country. Expanding its Discover range (namely 100, 100T, 125, Bajaj Discover 125T Price In India Is Rs. 54,000 - Latest Entry To New Discover Range, 125ST), the company has today launched a new bike called Bajaj Discover 100 M, a new 100cc bike - which is being promoted with a tag line - "Mileage Bikes Ka Naya Satya." Unveiled with a Price in India tag of Rs. 49,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the disc brake featuring variant and for Rs. 45,996 (ex-showroom Delhi) for the drum brakes variant, the Bajaj Discover 100 M features an ARAI certified mileage of 84 kmpl. As we take a look at the new bike's specifications list, we find a DTS-i technology-equipped powertrain that powers the bike. This four-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine has a displacement of 102 cc and comes equipped with 4-valve head featuring corrugated fins for good cooling.

Outputing 9.3 bhp of power at 8000 rpm while generating a peak torque of 9.02 Nm at 6000 rpm, the Discover 100 M reaches a top speed of 95 kmph. On the exterior features, there's little or no change. The bike carries on the Discover legacy and features the conventional specs found in its counterparts. There's a angular headlight that comes with twin pilot lamps and we have web-spoked alloy wheels which finished in black besides the engine and exhaust. K.Srinivas, President of Bajaj Auto (Motorcycle Business) shared this thoughts at the launch event saying, "The Discover series of bikes have redefined the “Mileage Bike” segment. In this segment the competition offer only plain Jane very basic bikes as the predominant consideration of the customer is Mileage. Thanks to our patented twin-spark, 4 –Valve engines we are able to “Power Up” the Mileage bikes – the Discover 100M gives 9.3 PS power and yet delivers 84 km to the litre," he said.

Bajaj-Discover-100M
Speaking about the currently existing tough market conditions, he said, "The market environment continues to remain tough, while the motorcycle market has remained flat in the first six months, our estimate is that at the retail level, the sales are down by 8%-10%. What is more worrying is even in Navratras, the retail sales were down by 8% to 10%." Among other features of the Discover 100 M, there's robust single downtube, semi-dual cradle steel frame with telescopic fork suspension in front and dual gas-charged (Nitrox) shock absorbers that are given on a rectangular swingarm section at the back.

Coming in five colour options - Flame Red, Brilliant Blue, Midnight Black (Red decals), Midnight Black (Blue decals) and Midnight Black (Olive Decals), the Bajaj Discover 100 M might be a great option for people planning to buy a new vehicles this festive season in India.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Which bikes are in competition with Bajaj Discover 100 M?
    I think, that list would include - Hero's Splendor Pro, Passion Pro and Honda's Dream Yuga and Neo.
    Honda Dream Neo cover - Honda Dream Neo Launched - Will It Be On Young India's Wish List?
    There's also the recently launched Mahindra Centuro - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Hero Will be the best contender to compete bajaj discover but with good mileage,sporty look and disk brake options Bajaj discover may have good chance of winning the race to win hearts of people.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    K Srinivas, president, Motorcycle Business, Bajaj Auto said, "The Discover 100 M is the game changer for us, it should bring us big volumes. We had the presence at the entry level of 100 cc with Discover 4G and a top end of 100 cc Discover 100T, with the Discover 100 M we are bridging the gap of the value segment which accounts for over 45% of the overall motorcycle market."

He also added, "The 100 segment is called as mileage segment, so it is a given, you have to offer a fuel efficient vehicle, but what do we offer more than the mileage, will get us additional volumes. On mileage front, it is hard to differentiate between Hero, Bajaj or Honda, but our USP is more features and power."

Any comments on that statement?
    Do we have any Bajaj Discover riders here? What are your views on the new bike?
  • S Tiwari
    S Tiwari
    Honda Neo the original and latest Honda bike will give tough fight to Bajaj M Bajaj once famous for Pulsars and now their brand new bike engines are failing with in 5000 KM and which are not failing requiring very high maintenance in long run.Once a no2 bike company in India after Hero lost to Honda recenty and has become no3 with dwindling sales.I think these companies are going BPL TV ways as this brand was eaten by LG/Samsung TV,I give best of luck to Bajaj.Hero sales is also flat only Honda sales are picking up even in recession??
  • S Tiwari
    S Tiwari
    Bajaj every new bike, new name, new mileage declaration,then an advertisement Naya Satya hai Naya Satya hai explaining this new bike will give 86-87 KM/L and then finally no sales, model discontinues and consumer in bad shape with no spares.Pulsars are thing of Past,no body prefers them now for very high maintenance,which is not true with old Pulsars purchased 8-10 years back.Company is in panic with experimenting with new new models like DiscoverM Discover 125 with no success.I now doubt if they launch a model without success company days are numbered??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Building on the success of their active Park Assist Technology Ford has come up with an advanced push button auto park. It can also exricate the car from the slot....
I dislike how the CrazyEngineers website has started converting words in posts to links to a tags page, like: www.crazyengineers.com/tags/something/ I frequently add a link in my posts to lead...
A few days ago I have given a employability Test AMCAT , and after declaration of result they sent me job oppurtunities and most of them were for the post...
Canon India, the digital imaging giant, today announced that launch of its first ultralight portable scanner image FORUMLA P-201 and CaptureOnTouch mobile app for easy scanning when on move. This...
Hi CEans , I had a chance to see a truck having more than one propeller shaft and my question related to it was though the propeller shaft is connected...