Avoiding Amri Tragedies

Would the alarming mortality at the AMRI hospital have been less if there was some way to mitigate the suffocation?

In a centrally airconditioned building, ventillation is a regulated activity to control energy consumption. If the existing fire alarm systems can be made to open out large enough panels at each floor, it may help.
The down side may be that the fire may get extra oxyen too.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    The fire system needs to be proerly checked and there should be a NEED to have emergency exits. Adn as well, the smoke detection system in place need to be workign all the time. maintained all the time and any minor hint of smoke detected should immediately trigger the centralised alaram irrespective of it beign a hospital. Atleast, patients who could be carried out could ahve been , irrepestive of being strangled in their deathbeds lying helplessly.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I also believe every building should ahve enough space so that people can run away easily whenever such mishaps occur, and smoke detection is a MUST alongwith sprinklers. They just should be made like a standrad what all buildings should follow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any one can help me in Design Explanation for a trolley in packing section on assembly line of HORN, in which two is kept in a single box of different...
hey guyz, pls get me some details on where i can do advanced automation courses in India, i am a diploma holder in mechatronics
A mega project it is! Indian Railways has started giving out contracts to different companies to do the prefeasibility report regarding the construction of rail lines for bullet trains connecting...
hi evry1 am doin my b.e mechanical engineerin 3 rd yr am plannin to do a mini project in automobile sector i cant get any idea so can som1 help...
What are the software used by mechanical engineers apart from AutoCAD? Can you list out the names and the use of it? Also,tell me where it is used😉