AVG Predicts 2010 Internet Security Threats

Security firm AVG is predicting that in 2010 the threat environment will witness higher volumes of web-threats and be even more transient, agile and organised.

Some of the threats expected are -

1) Cyber-criminals can now automatically create hundreds of thousands of unique pieces of malware a day, much of which has no unique signature and can bypass old-fashioned, signature-based virus detection software.

2) Cyber-criminals exploit latest trends and topics that are gaining popularity on the internet by hijacking search results into clicks on links to their malicious web pages. Expect to see more highly targeted, convincing attacks with custom malware in 2010.

3) Cyber-criminals exploit trust. With the rise of Web 2.0, attacks that impersonate social networking sites or spoof contacts from your “friends” list are more likely to be clicked on. It is likely we'll see a great deal more of similar scams in 2010.

4) Individuals desperate in search of earning opportunities are more likely to fall prey to bogus offers or disgruntled employees may breach official data that could fall into the wrong hands.

It is really matter of concern..😒 Be cautious guys..

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Sri Lankans have a decent batting lineup, bolstered by veteran Sanath Jayasuriya, and the return to form of skipper Kumar Sangakkara. Dilshan, in particular, holds the key for the...
i am a final year electrical student and i want to do a design project but i dont have much information or people to help so can anyone please give...
$250 mn Amount reportedly being spent by Virgin boss Richard Branson on the Galactic spaceliner $200,000 Amount per ticket that space tourists will have to shell out 300 No of...
CEans, Our rules clearly state that the language of the forum is English. However, with more engineers posting in their local/regional languages, its become difficult for us to retain visitors...
Sri Lanka aim to put Test thrashing behind them Watch out for Lasith Malinga: When he's bowling well, Malinga can unleash yorkers at will and his low point of release...