Ave - The 7-inch Android 2.3 Tablet Launched - Not As Cheap As Akash!

Following the news of the launch of the #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#  in India, a new tablet has caught attention of the media & the people. It's an Android powered tablet called 'Ave' developed by Sareddy Chiman Prakash and Nikhil, first year students of AVR & SVR College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad.

Features of Ave Tablet are-

1. 7 inch Display
2. Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
3. 1.2 GHz Processor
4. WeighS 360 grams.
5. Extendable memory upto 8GB
6. MicroSD cards up to 32 GB
7. Supports GSM, 3G and WiFi Connectivity
8. Battery Life - 6 hours
9. 1.3 mega pixel front camera
10. Supports 1080p full HD playback & DivX including multi codec
11. Price - Rs. 12,999/- ($250 approx.)

The tablet PC 'Ave' will get its boards in China and the manufacturing will be undertaken by a UK based company, Sareddy Technologies.

[​IMG]

The tablet was launched by the hands of Minister of Information Technology and Communications, Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Ponnala Lakshmajah. The government is helping these young developers by creating a tie-up with schools and colleges, so that more students become aware of the new tablet.

Chiman told #-Link-Snipped-# about his future plans, saying, "Gaming is the main area of my focus. I want to develop new gaming technologies, and I and my team are working really hard towards our goal. I am confident enough that within a span of one-and-a-half year, we'll be competing with all the biggest brand in the market today".

He is interested in developing PC and mobile games and is currently working on manufacturing Home Theatre glasses. The device will sport a 62 inches virtual display screen with 32GB capacity. The 5-hour battery life will allow watching two movies back to back. He is also working on software that can completely stop piracy and it will be out soon. The plans certainly look ambitious for these young lads. Only reviews can speak for the success of the tablet, so let's wait and watch.

PS: We will try to update the post with more photos of the tablet.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers from the Washington (US) and Aalto universities (Finland) have developed sophisticated contact lenses that projects the information to the users eyes. These lenses are wireless and sports LED...
Rumors are all afloat on the blogosphere claiming that Facebook is launching its own official phone, in collaboration with HTC. The social networking giant has contradicted reports earlier which stated...
A major rise in the IPv6 addresses have been reported according to an Internet Census. While IPv4 addresses are clearly exhausting, and IPv6 are an inevitable option, yet the internet...
JaxtrSMS is a new application from Sabeer Bhatia, Hotmail Co-Founder and Yogesh Patel under the company Sabse Technoliges, that let's the users send messages to anyone irrespective of them having...
An Indian company Tolmol.com, has made some serious efforts in designing a phone especially for the Muslim people, which boasts of special services like the Holy Quran recitation in the...