Avast Android Antivurs & Antitheft Review?

Android, to the best of my knowledge is based on unix (correct me please) and unix through its design makes it difficult for the viruses to be written for the OS. However, I'm aware that virus is just a software program intended for malicious use and viruses *can* be written.

I wonder what kind of viruses exist for Android platform? I'm yet to hear about the viruses or trojans written for the iOS platform as well. With that knowledge, I'm curious to know what made leading antivirus software maker Avast launch a security solution for Android? Check: #-Link-Snipped-#

The app's description mentions -

Performs on-demand scans of all installed apps and memory card content, as well as on-access scans of apps upon first execution. Options for scheduling scans, virus definition updates, uninstalling apps, deleting files, or reporting a false-positive to our virus lab.

Can someone throw some light on the kind of malicious content that can usually be transferred through SD cards or bluetooth that runs on Android? I'd also like to know first hand user reviews of the app launched by Avast for mobile security.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    We tested AntiTheft Feature and it's amazing, superb, fantastic. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    We tested AntiTheft Feature and it's amazing, superb, fantastic. ๐Ÿ‘
    That's cool. Could you tell us a bit more about it? By the way, what kind of viruses are active on Android?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    That's cool. Could you tell us a bit more about it? By the way, what kind of viruses are active on Android?
    Not talking about antivirus as still mobile is not affected so just tested antitheft feature only. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I see that the television is full of misleading advertisements. The advertisements are meant to first make people insecure and then offer a solution through a product. I thought of...
During my days of working as a software engineer when I was a new entrant in the corporate world, I'd often question why Indian software engineers do low-quality work than...
Adsense publishers rejoice. Google has officially launched what's called 'Adsense Publisher Toolbar' (is not a toolbar actually, just a button) that will sit next to the omnibox on your Google...
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between De Morgans theorem and Principle of Duality?
Ok, quickly I'll just take 150 seconds from you. ๐Ÿ˜ One of my friends had once passed around a sheet of paper (divided into 2 columns) during a lecture and...