Automatic Push Button Parking from Ford

Building on the success of their active Park Assist Technology Ford has come up with an advanced push button auto park. It can also exricate the car from the slot. Both without a driver being in seat.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    The question is straight. Whether it is better to use a sensor powered park assist or a camera assisted parking system. In many car park assist system it involves or uses both the camera and sensor help but I want to know whether the use of sensor or camera alone can give a exact park assist? I had used an android app in which camera should be pointed to an object to measure the distance of the object from us .But the app failed to calculate the distance correctly. So I want to know whether can we measure the distance of an object by using an camera?(The app used is named as “Smart tools’’).So If the camera can not be sued in distance measuring process, It will not be fit for auto car park.Is sensor more reliable in assisting?Do cameras help in manual parking alone or they have other applications?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I dislike how the CrazyEngineers website has started converting words in posts to links to a tags page, like: www.crazyengineers.com/tags/something/ I frequently add a link in my posts to lead...
A few days ago I have given a employability Test AMCAT , and after declaration of result they sent me job oppurtunities and most of them were for the post...
Canon India, the digital imaging giant, today announced that launch of its first ultralight portable scanner image FORUMLA P-201 and CaptureOnTouch mobile app for easy scanning when on move. This...
Hi CEans , I had a chance to see a truck having more than one propeller shaft and my question related to it was though the propeller shaft is connected...
“Underwater internet!” Sounds alien? Not anymore. Researchers at University of Buffalo have been working on underwater wireless sensors that use TCP/IP (the common networking protocol for internet) and can transmit...