Automatic curve horn

hi CEans,
i am 3 year mechanical engineering student,i got one idea in automatic horn when takeplace curve position in roads, hillstation while vehicles in running.

This horn very useful in curve position of accident zone, hillstation, night time driving .

we had think varible resistance is placed in steering and while taking any sensors
for judging curve position its automatically takes horn.

we placed any digital circuit for seeing whats the angle that curve takes,for that we adjusting curve angle for eg.30 and 40 degree

this is my small idea please give your opinion .i am waiting for your comments

thank you

Replies

• d_vipul
    d_vipul
    me unable to get that...........@gow
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    From a few years of my driving experience, one thing I have to comment here is that you have to blow your horn before you turn your steering wheel, not after. So, using a variable resistor is not a good idea. But it is a good innovation. You need to have a road tracking mechanism of some sort(may be GPS enabled). That can work for you.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Not a good idea.

One reason already covered by @aj.
    Another is, you do not want to honk unnecessary all the times. If you will install it it will honk all the time when you will turn; a un-necessary contribution to noice.
    Doing any development and installation of this sort will consume a bit more fuel... THATS A BIG NO frommy side.

Thanks,
    -CB
  • jensiline
    jensiline
    Nice idea.................But crazy boy said it's honk unnecessary all the times..........But it is not like that it must be useful.......................
  • electronicsunzz
    electronicsunzz
    to aj_onduty:
    so there is no technique to automate a horn sound before a car turns? i mean excluding GPS concept, don't we have any other mechanism or technique to make the car horn itself, prior the car takes turn ?..?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    electronicsunzz
    to aj_onduty:
    so there is no technique to automate a horn sound before a car turns? i mean excluding GPS concept, don't we have any other mechanism or technique to make the car horn itself, prior the car takes turn ?..?
    You can use the same mechanism which we use in reverse sensors. Yes, use ultrasonic sensors to detect curves. You can find out any obstacles, or the end of he road. But I have not even scratched the surface of the idea. You need to have a lot of R&D done so that you can have a system like that. You can detect a curve. Well, please let me know if there is any other method. I have a very limited knowledge in this field.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    aj_onduty
    You can use the same mechanism which we use in reverse sensors. .
    I think it shouldn't be. As If there will be a vechiqle in front of your car it will starting honking un necessarily.

-CB
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Yes CB. Thats one point. But what I am trying to say is that if we can have curve sensors which can predict a curve some 10-20 metres from the start of the curve, then we have a breakthrough. This needs a good amount of R&D. I am thinking on it...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    As per my short civil engineering knowledge, we do have banking of roads and curves in road, I hope you are not talking about banking.

Another point, if you are talking about curves automatic honking on curves seems a little vague requirement? Anyways I am again emphasizing on fact that If you will install this system and it will honk all the time when you will turn; a un-necessary contribution to noice.

Doing any development and installation of this sort will consume a bit more fuel.

-CB
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I thought over it but couldn't get into a solution better than this. For all accident prone areas, you can have a transmitter fitted at the start of the accident prone or dangerous curves. These transmitters(may be radio transmitter or anything of that sort, with a range of 10-30m), can warn the vehicles' honking system by activating a siren like circuit with a receiver for the signals they get(lets make it a universal signal). So, there will be a progressive or sequential increase in sound of the horn as it reaches the curve. If not, it can start honking from the moment it receives the signal and there can be a frequency of honking, once in four seconds, or some thing of that sort. What do you think?
    Is this foolish enough to be embarrased??? 😉
  • gow124
    gow124
    hi CEans,
    i am 3 year mechanical engineering student,i got one idea in automatic horn when takeplace curve position in roads, hillstation while vehicles in running.

This horn very useful in curve position of accident zone, hillstation, night time driving .
    we had think varible resistance is placed in steering and while taking any sensors
    for judging curve position its automatically takes horn.
    we placed any digital circuit for seeing whats the angle that curve takes,for that we adjusting curve angle for eg.30 and 40 degree

this is my small idea please give your opinion .i am waiting for your comments

thank you
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    is it a very good idea? Just imagine coming back home late night and honking up everyone out of their beds while parking your car 😁
    Just kidding.. but it may be a good idea if a sensor can be combined to check the distances from the nearest car?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Opening two threads for same topic doesn't make any sense?

Mods, please merge this thread with following: #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @CB
    Thanks for notifying. The two threads have been merged

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey ppl....i am making a c++ program and i have to use stdin and stdout in the program to read and write respectively. I dont know how to use these....
Hello s I started learning C programming a month or two ago. I tried to use the clrscr(); fuction in the program i have included conio.n and stdio.h , but...
AVAYA is introducing a new 11.5" tablet that it says will kill the polycom in cubicles and conference rooms in corporate offices. The tablet, apart from being a tablet acts...
Martin King, the co-creator of software that lets you type rapidly on your mobile phone while guessing your words, died last week after a long fight with cancer. "It leaves...
Q1. How capaitor acts as a filter ?(reason behind its action) Q2. Why capacitors with high capacitance are used at power rails and the one with low capacitance at power...