Article:Brain port...A blind can see now

A blind woman sits in a chair holding a video camera focused on a scientist sitting in front of her. She has a device in her mouth, touching her tongue, and there are wires running from that device to the video camera. The woman has been blind since birth and doesn't really know what a rubber ball looks like, but the scientist is holding one. And when he suddenly rolls it in her direction, she puts out a hand to stop it. The blind woman saw the ball. Through her tongue. Well, not exactly through her tongue, but the device in her mouth sent visual input through her tongue in much the same way that seeing individuals receive visual input through the #-Link-Snipped-#. In both cases, the initial sensory input mechanism -- the tongue or the eyes -- sends the visual data to the #-Link-Snipped-#, where that data is processed and interpreted to form images.
For more info view this link
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Good one but one question - Can she see the scientist or it works only for non-living things only ? One more -This mechanism works up to what distance from the blind person?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hey sookie Thanks for giving your attention
    I think this mechanism upto which one can see depends on camera...
    and have read the complete information from link given below....if not please read first

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Introuction 2. Diagram and working 3. Advantage and disadvantage 4. Future scope
hey... I'm doing my project work on ''Earthquake resistant design of Apartment'' So could you give me full details..... thanks in advance...
hello guys i have got a rar archive with a bin and a cue file I am not able to use it or open it Can anyone help with the...
Ques] The volume of the solid generated by the revolution, about x-axis, of the area bounded by the curve y = f(x), the x-axis and the ordinates x=a, =b is...
In rankine cycle , after passing through pump why we cannot take the enthalpy of saturated water from steam table ?