Ari Balogh, Yahoo CTO says Goodbye

Yahoo's CTO, Ari Balogh has resigned and June 3 will be his last day at Yahoo. Mr. Balogh had joined Yahoo in 2008.

Here's Yahoo's official word:

“Ari Balogh, EVP, Products and CTO, has decided to leave Yahoo! for personal reasons. Ari plans to remain with the company until June 3 and will be working with the team to enable a smooth transition. We expect to name his replacement in the coming weeks. We thank him for his many contributions and wish him well.”

This is what Balogh said:

“While Yahoo! has become a family to me in many ways over the last two years, I have a situation with my personal family that is difficult and has driven me to make some changes in my life. This job was my dream job, which makes this decision very hard. I have been working with Carol on a succession plan that we will roll out over the coming weeks. Yahoo! has many opportunities to touch so many people’s lives and the company is well positioned to take advantage of every one of them. I am confident that the incredible people at Yahoo! will deliver against our vision to be the center of people’s online lives.”

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yahoo! sure seems to be heading down a spiral of doom..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    .. something's really is not good there
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder what Carol Bartz is up to. Maybe its Yahoo's strategy to close all its services one by one and then sell the company to Microsoft.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    I wonder what Carol Bartz is up to. Maybe its Yahoo's strategy to close all its services one by one and then sell the company to Microsoft.
    Ha Ha..! Day by day Yahoo is getting down. Seems it happens. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple is certainly unhappy with the Google-AdMob deal. Steve Jobs mentioned that the search through mobile devices is not at the same level as searches through Dekstop. They first tried...
A SOLAR-POWERED airplane took off on its first major test flight on Wedesday morning, from an airfield in western Switzerland. The flight of the plane, named Solar Impulse, comes ahead...
Some needs onsite...some needs good project...some needs good technology...others after money...mix of all no one is full happy..what do you think? 25% people who are happy are always new joiners.....
CEans, It has been brought to my notice that there are few users who are spamming other members through private messages. If you receive any such message; please report it...
Official announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...t-spamming-through-personal-messages-pms.html Discuss in this thread.