Are you giving up on your entreprenurial aspirations?

Lot of engineers have entrepreneurial dreams. Some have it right during the college days and others have it after working for few years in corporate world.

But the fact is that most of the engineers want to be on their own. But eventually, few few manage to start their own venture. Why do people kill their entrepreneurial aspirations?

There are several reasons. When you're in college, you think "maybe I'll spend few years in corporate world and do a reality check". Some still keep on finding that 'great idea' that will get them started.

But when you join corporate world and get addicted to monthly paycheck, it seems very difficult to give it up and 'follow your dream'. It becomes even worse when you buy a flat/home for yourself and get into the EMI trap. The final stroke comes when you get married and start valuing job security over anything else.

But is that the end of road? I think no. There are several examples of entrepreneurs who started at various stages (school, college, after spending few years in corporate world, retirement) and got successful.

The best time to start is when you are ready; and if you have fire burning inside - its not good to delay it.

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    i agree, most of us have entrepreneurial aspirations, but only some of us realize them!!

needless to say, i have been bitten by the entrepreneur bug as well!! i am currently gaining relevant experience in the field, before i embark on my entrepreneurial journey!!
  • ambastha
    ambastha
    Just remember .. you are never late. You can start it even today 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz rply......is mechatronics is a good bracnh???? is there any scope of job in india??? as it is new.....
Which one do you guys feel suits you? Except in few occasions ( like good professor or a foundation topic), I think I prefer self learning for myself and its...
hi friends, please have a look at the following specs and help me out! specs: The LV-MaxSonar detects objects from 0-inches to 254-inches (6.45-meters) and provides sonar range information from...
Dear Collegues, I need some Guidance over an Appropriate DSP cum Realtime Embedded Microcontroller which can be used for both Image Processing and to control a Robot ... the Image...
Hi, I had decided to do my Master's thesis on topic " Development of Flux for Cladding Process by Submerge Arc Welding Process" Please give necessary suggestions about it.