Are The Medicine Makers Playing With Our Lives?

I've this new thought popping up in my mind since last few months. What's bothering me is the number of new deadly diseases, viruses that have been discovered in the last few decades. It's highly unlikely that all the viruses (aka AIDS, Polio, TB et al) and diseases like cancer have all popped up in last 50-60 years.

If these viruses, diseases existed then the whole mankind would have vanished by now (because there were no medicines to fight them). On the other hand, what do you think about the possibility of these medicine companies 'creating' these viruses and then injecting them in humans to create a havoc; so that humans keep on buying the medicines manufactured by these companies.

Are you getting my point?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Quite a scary thought, that is!! :O

As to whether it is true, I sure hope it's not. If it is, it would probably be the worst thing anyone can possibly do!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    silverscorpion
    Quite a scary thought, that is!! :O
    As to whether it is true, I sure hope it's not. If it is, it would probably be the worst thing anyone can possibly do!!
    Well, it is a scary thought; but worth considering. My close friend, who's a doctor said that 70% of the medicines have this 'placebo' effect - which means only the 'thought' that you're taking medicine cures most of the patients. This has been observed in Homeopathy medicines.

My point of argument is that how come all such deadly things popped up in the last 5 decades? But it does make a very good business opportunity for all the drug makers.

Why did I get such a thought in my mind in first place? First look at *any* advertisement. It's basically meant to offer a solution to a problem that's been discovered by the advertisers. In the pre-colgate days, did everyone have decayed tooth with bacteria living in cavities? In the pre life-buoy days, did everyone live dirty and died of infections?

...I'm yet to know *one* single drug developed by these drug makers that actually 'cures' you. The drugs we're fed with are created only for temporary relief. Else the drug makers would be out of business.
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Homeopathy is complete mumbo-jumbo according to me. You are right homeopathy does depend upon placebo effect.

Anyways , if the medicine companies are introducing new viruses then they also are in danger of getting affected by it. Hence this seems untenable. Perhaps what may be happening is thereis research being carried out on some microbes to get a cure of a particular disease and due to genetic mutations during experiments new microbes may be generated. Then the medicine companies may keep news of such accidents under wraps. But them doing so intentionally seems hard to believe.

I agree however that well-intentioned research goes haywire sometimes.

You may have heard about this recent case where researchers actually wanted to publish how to create new strains of Bird flu in the name of 'furthering human knowledge'. US rightly tried to stop the publication due to fear of information falling into hands of terrorists Certain kinds of knowledge should be kept secret.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    See, we cannot say this way... If not invented, they were not discovered. People those days would die just due to a fever! There were no medicines, even for headache those days right? You know how the tea and coffee were made? By an accident!!! πŸ˜›
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Praveen-Kumar
    See, we cannot say this way... If not invented, they were not discovered. People those days would die just due to a fever! There were no medicines, even for headache those days right? You know how the tea and coffee were made? By an accident!!! πŸ˜›
    I agree , there was no way to diagnose patients.
    Though modern medicine isn't perfect it has had it's moments when it rid the planet of Small Pox , Polio and so on.

Longevity has increased by almost 20 years in past 50 years. Infant mortality has gone down considerably. Each of my grandparent has had 7-8 siblings out of which 2-3 died before even learning to walk.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I recently saw an episode of an Indian television serial 'R.K. Laxman Ki Duniya'. In that episode, one of the family members falls sick and is admitted to the hospital. So a couple of doctors come and check him, and before leaving they would sign the attendance sheet claiming that they had attended the patient; but infact it is just a mere visit to the patient and no medical checking activity is performed. Then one of the doctors says the next day that the person is suffering from Cancer, as the doctor can see a spot in the reports. Then without confirming it, the family believes it and the admitted person also starts feeling that he is suffering from Cancer. The doctor then prescribes him some medicines. And the person takes the medicines. The next day the same doctor informs the family that, there is nothing to worry. There is no Cancer, the spot in the report were because of the faulty lens which was dusty and hence the spot was visible in the reports. And then the family is relieved.

People blindly believe doctors and start taking medicines. But it could also be the case of unawareness among the people and when such situation arises, people become vulnerable and fall prey to the doctors advise.

We cannot really say that medicine makers are playing with our lives. It could be the doctors as well. Or both doctors and the medicine makers.

Also the environment 50 years back and now is totally different.
    The pollution, the lifestyle everything is affecting the health of living beings.
    Have you guys seen the movie 7aam Arivu? The Chinese people create the virus and make a havoc... This is a fiction but still, possible?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    Have you guys seen the movie 7aam Arivu? The Chinese people create the virus and make a havoc... This is a fiction but still, possible?
    I have heard about this movie, but never got a chance to see it.
    Dancer_Engineer
    I have heard about this movie, but never got a chance to see it.
    In that, they used to create a pandemic disease, which spread during very very early times!!!
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Let's talk more about the placebo effect. People get cured of simple maladies because they feel they are taking medicines when they are actually given dummy pills without their knowledge by the doctors. This is a very safe practice. Our body has a tendency to bounce back from many irregularities if the mind is stress free. A dummy pill or placebo has this effect on the body. Of course the patient should not know that the pill is dummy. Sometimes a mere visit to the doctor makes one feel comfortable. This is because the mind stops worrying about the sickness.

But many people advocate the 100% placebo science i.e homeopathy for very serious diseases such as leukemia . Is it really safe to entrust the life of a cancer patient to the quirks of homeopathy? Not wishing to offend any followers of homeopathy but it seems totally unscientific. When allopathy fails , trying alternative medicine such as the centuries old tried and tested ayurveda is fine , but homeopathy ? The solutions of homeopathy are so dilute that one needs to drink an entire tank of homeopathic solution to encounter one molecule of the medicine.
    Homeopathic Dilutions Swimming Pool

I personally feel this faith in homeopathy is more dangerous than the side effects of allopathy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On the similar lines, how does 'Yog' & 'Pranayam' cure people? I've personally seen bedridden people giving up medicines and getting back to normal life with the simple breathing exercise.

Definitely not just a placebo effect.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Yoga and Pranayama really work wonders if done with the proper technique. There is difference between the normal breathing that we do and the How Yogic Breathing Can Improve Health and Vitality?. I vaguely remember watching a particular breathing technique wherein you inhale from your chest rather than stomach (here stomach inwards) and when you exhale you stomach bulges outwards. Even during regular workout, we are trained to breathe in a certain way.

During practicing Yoga, the blood circulation and correct breathing go hand in hand. How many times in our day to day life is there a proper blood flow to the brain? It's rare! During a Yogasana '#-Link-Snipped-#', blood is made to flow to the upper trunk and the head. Even Sirsasana does the same, but not many can do this head stand pose. During Yoga practice and breathing, blood is carried to various body organs.

Sun Salutation / Surya Namaskar is another Yoga exercise which is very effective in curing health ailments.
    Here is an interesting article: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    The_Big_K
    On the similar lines, how does 'Yog' & 'Pranayam' cure people? I've personally seen bedridden people giving up medicines and getting back to normal life with the simple breathing exercise.

Definitely not just a placebo effect.
    In 'Yog' and 'Pranayam' a person does a considerable amount of exercise. Hence it's working is no surprise. Research has shown that exercise if done properly can be as effective in curing heart blockages as a bypass surgery. Most people get ill because of poor habits both in terms of diet and in terms of inactivity.
    Yog , pranayam or even a walk in the garden for 15 minutes give very quick results to such people.
    A person who is 120 kgs in weight will lose 10 kgs in 2 weeks by doing some exercise , but a person with normal weight of 60 kgs will find losing even 2 kgs takes months. That is because his/her weight is normal.

But homeopathy is a different ballgame altogether. Take a look at the dilutions involved.

Homeopathic Dilutions Analogies

Duck liver 200C in the entire observable Universe :-
    A popular homeopathic treatment for the Influenza is a 200C dilution of duck liver, marketed under the name Oscillococcinum. As there are only about 10^80 atoms in the entire Observable Universe, a dilution of one molecule in the observable universe would be about 40C. Oscillococcinum would thus require 10^320 more universes to simply have one molecule in the final substance.Homeopathic Dilutions Cite Note 14
    What could homeopathy be other than placebo. And the more dilute solutions are considered the more potent ones. 😲
    Oh and one more thing , homeopaths have a very good habit that they are quite friendly. Conventional doctors are usually (not always) very short and to the point. Most of the time a patient will get cured simply because of a few friendly words. And perhaps a homeopath provides this better than a conventional doctor. Most people get freaked out just by seeing needles and stethoscopes.
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    sorry double post. πŸ˜”
  • tigonsau.rmit
    tigonsau.rmit
    I have used the diet solution program of Isabel De Rios. And now i'm writing this the #-Link-Snipped-#for everyones. That is special product for person whose want to lose weight
  • Beginner
    Beginner
    "Prevention is better than cure" .. So.. it is better for us to take care of our health.. practicing yoga and meditation daily gives us not only physical strength but also they support us mentally..
    --> An apple a day keeps the doctor away <--
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    There is a conspiracy theory about these diseases. According to conspiracy, AIDS & Cancer are man-made .... The Virus of AIDS & Cancer has been created & then spreaded. At First you will say what rubbish.
    In order to prevent AIDS/STDs , its said to stay away from unprotected intercourse & physical relations with more than one man/woman.
    Let me dig history of Indian era, A king at those time used to have 5 to 7 queens ...They used to have physical relationship with all of them ...(as we have heard in histories about sons & daughter from many wives).... They didnt died of AIDS !
    If those disease were really natural disease we would've known by today ...
    have you wondered why suddenly from past 30-40 years AIDS came into existence so spontaneously ? But recently the cases of AIDS/Cancer has reached its peak.
    Its Genocide not a disease ! Its called mass-murdering not Disease ....
    What rubbish , right ?

Check out links below ::
    Discredited Aids Origins Theories
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

If you dont believe in Illuminati, now you believe it πŸ‘€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is a multi dimensional problem.
    1. The diseases may all be old. The catch is that the organisms evolve. They mutate. Drugs developed to tackle a particular strain leaves behind a few that are the odd men out. These then multiply and thumb their noses at the drugs. More powerful, more expensive drugs are developed. The circus goes on.

2. There is some evidence that HIV might have been a species 'jump'. A disease of animals migrating to a new host. This itself is mutating.
    What is important is that it does not seem to be the terror that it originally portended to be. Some immunity seems to be developing. Same as with the scourge of small pox. The 'dirty' countries like India manage to live with some of these diseases, paying a stiff price no doubt, but managing to keep the head above water, while the so called advanced nations paid a huge price.

3. Asymptomatic malaria and TB are sneaking in. No doubt the pharma giants will make a bigger killing than the diseases.

4. Even things like hypertension and diabetes are treated like potential markets a la 'Fair and Lovely'. There are drugs for advanced hypertension, regular hypertension, nascent hypertension and God save us for prehypertension.

Quite a bit of diseases that are lifestyle dependent can be handled by sensible exercise, diet and non denominational meditation, which includes breathing regulation.
    The new gurus go overboard on various kriyas, patented by each and peddled as a magic cure all. Hata yoga and breath control can handle many chronic problems, though not all problems.

The bottom line is that almost all of over the counter drugs and a sizeable number of prescription medicines are meant to make the bottom lines of the manufacturing companies healthy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The fact is - drug makers want to make profits.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes, genetically engineered Viruses can be made which is a strain resisting almost all the drugs administered against it..! Thus, it can be a deadly weapon against enemies..! Nuclear age is gone..! Bio-nuclear age is dawning..!(in certain crooky labs..! my instinct says so...!! πŸ˜€ )... it may be possible in my opinion..!! πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    People usually believe that the big corporations, researchers and scientists won't invent anything that goes against the mass human health. Have we forgotten, that the Atomic bomb was created by researchers who 'knew' it was being developed to nihilate humans from Earth?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Rightly said...!!! πŸ˜€
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    And I don't think Human created AIDS(HIV)..! because, take a look at this..!
    The pandemic strain of HIV-1 is closely related to a virus found in theChimpanzee of the subspecies Pan troglodytes troglodytes, which lives in the forests of the Central African nations ofCameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic Of Congo (or Congo-Brazzaville), and Central African Republic. HIV-2 is less transmittable and is largely confined to West Africa, along with its closest relative, a virus of the Sooty Mangabey(Cercocebus atys atys), an Old World monkey inhabiting southern Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and western Ivory Coast.[/QUOTE]
    It has mutated...! πŸ˜€
    so, in my opinion dicredited AIDS origin are perhaps discredited..1 πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Boy, Wikipedia is edited by humans πŸ˜€
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    of course, I know that..! πŸ˜€ But many are not to be disregarded..! πŸ˜€ Ok..! i'll try to produce a more concrete proof..!
    • #-Link-Snipped-# (the virus that causes AIDS) probably #-Link-Snipped-# in Africa between 1884 and 1924.
    • HIV probably enters Haiti around 1966.

1970s​

• HIV probably enters the United States around 1970.
    • African doctors see a rise in #-Link-Snipped-# and wasting.
    • Western scientists and doctors remain ignorant of the growing epidemic.

1981​

• AIDS is detected in California and New York.
    • The first cases are among #-Link-Snipped-# men, then injecting drug users.

1982​

• AIDS is reported among haemophiliacs and Haitians in the USA.
    • AIDS is reported in several European countries.
    • The name Γ’€œAIDSΓ’€ Γ’€“ Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Γ’€“ is created.
    • Community organisations in the UK and USA promote safer sex among gay men.

1983​

• AIDS is reported among non-drug using women and children.
    • Experts become more confident that the cause of AIDS is infectious.
    • Three thousand AIDS cases have been reported in the USA; one thousand have died.

1984​

• Scientists identify HIV (initially called HTLV-III or LAV) as the cause of AIDS.
    • Western scientists become aware that AIDS is widespread in parts of #-Link-Snipped-#.
    • The world's first #-Link-Snipped-# program is set up in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

1985​

• An #-Link-Snipped-# is licensed for screening blood supplies.
    • AIDS is found in #-Link-Snipped-#, and has therefore been seen in all regions of the world.

1986​

• More than 38,000 cases of AIDS have been reported from 85 countries.
    • #-Link-Snipped-# begins promoting sexual behaviour change in response to AIDS.

1987​

• AZT is the first drug approved for treating AIDS.
    • The UK and other countries act to raise awareness of AIDS.

1988​

• The American government conducts a national AIDS education campaign.
    • Health ministers meet to discuss AIDS and establish a #-Link-Snipped-#.

1990​

• Around 8 million people are living with HIV worldwide, according to estimates made later.

1991​

• #-Link-Snipped-# launches AsiaΓ’€™s most extensive HIV prevention programme.

1993​

• AZT is shown to be of no benefit to those in the early stages of HIV infection.

1994​

• AZT is shown to reduce the risk of #-Link-Snipped-#.
    • Infant HIV infections begin to fall in developed countries, due to use of AZT.

1995​

• The Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS (UNAIDS) is established.

1996​

• #-Link-Snipped-# is shown to be highly effective against HIV.
    • In developed countries, many people begin taking the new treatment.
    • Annual global spending on AIDS in low- and middle-income countries is $300 million.

1997​

• AIDS deaths begin to decline in developed countries, due to the new drugs.
    • #-Link-Snipped-# is the first developing country to begin providing free combination treatment.
    • In other developing countries, only a tiny minority can access treatment for HIV.
    • Around 22 million people are living with HIV worldwide, according to estimates made later.

2000​

• President Thabo Mbeki of #-Link-Snipped-# voices support for #-Link-Snipped-#.

2001​

• At a UN Special Session, world leaders set long-term targets on HIV/AIDS.

2002​

• The #-Link-Snipped-# is established to boost the response to AIDS, TB and malaria.
    • #-Link-Snipped-# begins AfricaΓ’€™s first national AIDS treatment programme.

2003​

• AIDS drugs become more affordable for developing countries.
    • The Γ’€œ3 by 5Γ’€ campaign is launched to widen #-Link-Snipped-#.
    • The first #-Link-Snipped-# candidate to undergo a major trial is found to be ineffective.

2004​

• America launches a major initiative called #-Link-Snipped-# to combat AIDS worldwide.
    • After much hesitancy, #-Link-Snipped-# begins to provide free antiretroviral treatment.

2006​

• #-Link-Snipped-# is shown to reduce HIV infection among heterosexual men.
    • 28% of people in developing countries who need treatment for HIV are receiving it.
    • Annual #-Link-Snipped-# in low- and middle-income countries is $8.9 billion.
    • It is estimated that $14.9 billion would be needed for a truly effective response.

2007​

• Around 33 million people are living with HIV, according to revised estimates.
    • Another major HIV vaccine trial is halted after preliminary results show no benefit.

2008​

• A controversial Swiss study claims people adhering to ARVs have a "negligibly small" risk of transmitting HIV through unprotected sex.
    • PEPFAR is reauthorised, committing $48 billion for the next five years.
    • Michel SidibΓƒƒΓ‚Β© is named as new head of UNAIDS as Peter Piot steps down.

2009​

• President Obama announces the removal of the travel ban that prevents HIV-positive people from entering the US.
    • 4 million people in developing and transitional countries are receiving treatment for HIV; 9.5 million are still in immediate need of treatment.

2010​

• The United States, South Korea, China and Namibia lift their travel bans for people living with HIV.
    • The CAPRISA 004 microbicide trial is hailed a success after results show the gel reduced the risk of HIV infection by 40%.
    • Results from the iPrEx trial show a reduction in HIV acquisition among men who have sex with men taking #-Link-Snipped-#.

2011​

• Results from the #-Link-Snipped-# show that early initiation of antiretroviral treatment reduces the risk of HIV transmission by 96% among discordant couples.
    • Armenia and Fiji lift their #-Link-Snipped-# for people living with HIV.
    • FDA approval of Complera, the second all-in-one fixed dose combination tablet, expands the #-Link-Snipped-# available for people living with HIV.
    • The #-Link-Snipped-# announce the replacement of Round 11 with a Transitional Funding Mechanism (TFM), due to a lack of funds.

This archive is was produced in XIX international Aids conference..! and Im pretty sure it's true..! And,
    The spread started in 1824 from Africa..! And those chimpanzees mentioned above lived in Africa too..! So, It's more probable that they mutated..!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    vinod1993
    And I don't think Human created AIDS(HIV)
    dude, heard of internet censorship ? Heard of SOPA, PiPA & AcTA ? Do you think AcTA bill was passed just to eliminate piracy ? Heard of Illuminati ?
    Fathom the truth 😏
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Illuminati? Is it real? If yes, how are they involved?
  • Hemant Chotia
    Hemant Chotia

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 has been leaked; and this time it's leaked just ahead of the mobile world congress. Samsung Galaxy Mini is actually 'mini' in everything - right from...
Can there be two maximum points of a function with 2 variables? For example, this question: Find the extreme values (state whether it's maximum or minimum) of f(x,y)= x^2 +...
How usually Oracle India Pvt Ltd give work location and training location to the selected students?
ok, by seeing the below router interface output it is obvious that txload and rxload is very minimal, but there are huge CRC failures, and itnerface resets.. any specific ideas??...
You are given a weighing scale and 8 bags of rice. Seven bags are of equal weight. One is of a slightly heavier weight. You can compare the bags using...