Are online exams easy to attend?

Now a days, most of the government exams are made as online exam. Is it a good scenario for candidate point of view. There is lot of difference between attending an exam in online and writing an exam in paper. Some of them are, for numerical sort of questions there is a chance of making more mistake compared to paper exam.

Bring out your views. Which is better?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I support online exam as it brings less tension to students and there is no point for the correctors to assume the answer as wrong or right.Even gate exam has been changed to online format .
    Is the India had provided stable internet connection to accept online engineering?😲
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    CSK AUTO
    I support online exam as it brings less tension to students and there is no point for the correctors to assume the answer as wrong or right.Even gate exam has been changed to online format .
    Is the India had provided stable internet connection to accept online engineering?😲
    #-Link-Snipped-# How do you say, it brings less tension. You can see the time keeps on running at the corner of your screen. It will create tension among candidate?

Regarding internet connection, when there is an interrupt in network, there is a provision, we can start the exam from where we left.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Easy or not will depend from person to person. I don't think this is a debate topic. Moving it to chit-chat section.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    the basic idea was to do it in a more technical way...and since every new technology has some benifits and drawbacks, even online exam has.... but the thing is that we add more comfort to our life by doing the things more technically.... the burden of checking copies reduces, the burden of writing n blabbering a thousand words by candidates reduces........n so margin of error reduces...... bt then it requires a lot of resouces, and failure of power or system may cost a lot.....
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    aarthivg
    #-Link-Snipped-# How do you say, it brings less tension. You can see the time keeps on running at the corner of your screen. It will create tension among candidate?

Regarding internet connection, when there is an interrupt in network, there is a provision, we can start the exam from where we left.
    Ah ha.You cant point that as a reason.even in ordinary exam we used to refer watch which will aggregate more tension during the exam.In this 21st era we need to cope with all the developments to compete with International standards.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    aarthivg
    Now a days, most of the government exams are made as online exam. Is it a good scenario for candidate point of view. There is lot of difference between attending an exam in online and writing an exam in paper. Some of them are, for numerical sort of questions there is a chance of making more mistake compared to paper exam.

Bring out your views. Which is better?
    I think online exams are better in following ways:
    • Less hassle in marking answers (as compared to marking ovals😁 )
    • Lesser chances of making mistakes (sometime wrong answers are marked by mistake as the grid of ovals is a little confusion 😕 )
    • Option for changing an answer after marking (in offline, applying correction fluid doesn't works 😛 )
    • Better Time Management ( in offline exam, your watch may be late than the exam clock, which you may notice at the end of exam 😔 )
    • Saves the paper (and hence helps saving environment 😒 ).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AC power transmission losses are greater than DC losses. but still we are using AC. i have read on internet that nowdays power companies are rethinking to switch to DC...
Last month, there was a rumour that Audi has planned a ‘high-roof’ MPV top hat on the A3 platform and Indianautoblog has nicknamed the car as "AUDI SPACER". Autocar UK...
I was shocked to read this story on Deccan Chronicle about a small infant named rahul who was suffering from "Spontaneous Human Combustion" where the child body emits combustible gases...
then we will not get good place in this world. As a electrical Eng we will work manually or machine command but a programmer just use one click then change...
This thread is dedicated to all CEans who want to say goodbye to CE for short span for any reason can post their goodbye message and explain the reason so...