Are Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines?

I read an article here: #-Link-Snipped-#

It talks about the different ways of getting your questions answered online.

Google just searches data, it doesn't offer solutions. Sometimes, we get a bit carried away while searching things on Google. Thinking that it should provide an answer to any question we pose is a bit too funny.

Whereas, at a forum, we have real people answering real questions in real time.
Google shuns the possibility of finding newer/better/smarter solutions to existing problems because it relies only on the existing information.

Do you think that Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines?

Have your say.

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Re: Are Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines

I think both are excellent ways to get your questions answered. However, forums have that personal touch. You interact with other people and bounce ideas off each other.

With "googling" all you have to do is type a keyword and it will start spitting out possible answers ๐Ÿ˜€
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Re: Are Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines

Both are good to find answers. Forums are good where you can ask your query to others and can interact with people & become friends too. You can have fun with work.

Google or search engines are also the best way to find. You can use any keyword & you will get lots of results. But if you won't found anything there then forums will help you to get the desire answer ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu

I think both are good to find answers. Obviously forums give you more clear and elaborated answers. You can even post doubts, if there is any.
    But dont forget normally its Google which helps in finding such forums....๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kautilya
    Kautilya

A search engine doesn't generate content. It merely presents you with what has already been studied. So a search engine can solve your query if it has been asked before.
    But in case your query is unique it may not help.And a human touch might be necessary. This is whee forums are a great help.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman

One is Learn by Example and another is Learn by Experience. So, Google and other search engines are the first way of learning and the forum, where real people share their experience, is the latter way. ๐Ÿ˜€ Both are equally important... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

AbraKaDabra
    I read an article here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you think that Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines?
    It is the age old teacher - student interaction. When a student asks a doubt, as Praveen posted the experience of the teacher combined with examples from the teacher's own database of examples become a composite answer. As I used to tell my students the teacher is a student, who has travelled a little further along the road.
    In forums the responder also uses various search engines (I do all the time) to support his/her submission. Because of his experience the responder can search in a more focussed manner.

To answer your question: Yes, forums are better at answers to specific questions yet depend on existing search engines for mining relevant info by competent experts in the field.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Google doesn't itself answer any questions, I guess [ Except for meanings of words and conversions]. Google simply points user to the resource which it thinks answers your questions.
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger

yes ,Forums is better then search engines . But you need a right forum
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld

Forum is good choice for getting help & asking. Here you can post direct your question & get answer While google only helps to reach that topic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airfoil for the Mac has been around for a long time, and has always been a great way to transmit audio with more flexibility than Apple's own AirTunes (now AirPlay)...
Readings is a slick and (whitish way) of reading content online. It's way better in looks and feel than Google Reader. All that one has to do is choose to...
Twitter wrote on it's blog about the hashtag #longreads. You can search that tag on twitter and you'll find tweeted suggestions of long articles and short stories by serious fans...
hint-recent news https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/q20110709.jpg
Lecture on Robotics by Prof. C. Amarnath, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.