CrazyEngineers
  • I read an article here: #-Link-Snipped-#

It talks about the different ways of getting your questions answered online.

Google just searches data, it doesn't offer solutions. Sometimes, we get a bit carried away while searching things on Google. Thinking that it should provide an answer to any question we pose is a bit too funny.

Whereas, at a forum, we have real people answering real questions in real time.
    Google shuns the possibility of finding newer/better/smarter solutions to existing problems because it relies only on the existing information.

Do you think that Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines?

Have your say.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Aashish Joshi

MemberJul 8, 2011

Re: Are Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines

I think both are excellent ways to get your questions answered. However, forums have that personal touch. You interact with other people and bounce ideas off each other.

With "googling" all you have to do is type a keyword and it will start spitting out possible answers 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • *pushkar*

MemberJul 8, 2011

Re: Are Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines

Both are good to find answers. Forums are good where you can ask your query to others and can interact with people & become friends too. You can have fun with work.

Google or search engines are also the best way to find. You can use any keyword & you will get lots of results. But if you won't found anything there then forums will help you to get the desire answer 😀
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberJul 8, 2011

I think both are good to find answers. Obviously forums give you more clear and elaborated answers. You can even post doubts, if there is any.
    But dont forget normally its Google which helps in finding such forums....😉
    Cancel
  • Kautilya

MemberJul 26, 2011

A search engine doesn't generate content. It merely presents you with what has already been studied. So a search engine can solve your query if it has been asked before.
    But in case your query is unique it may not help.And a human touch might be necessary. This is whee forums are a great help.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJul 26, 2011

One is Learn by Example and another is Learn by Experience. So, Google and other search engines are the first way of learning and the forum, where real people share their experience, is the latter way. 😀 Both are equally important... 😁
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJul 27, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    I read an article here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you think that Forums better at answering your questions than Google or Other Search Engines?
    It is the age old teacher - student interaction. When a student asks a doubt, as Praveen posted the experience of the teacher combined with examples from the teacher's own database of examples become a composite answer. As I used to tell my students the teacher is a student, who has travelled a little further along the road.
    In forums the responder also uses various search engines (I do all the time) to support his/her submission. Because of his experience the responder can search in a more focussed manner.

To answer your question: Yes, forums are better at answers to specific questions yet depend on existing search engines for mining relevant info by competent experts in the field.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 27, 2011

Google doesn't itself answer any questions, I guess [ Except for meanings of words and conversions]. Google simply points user to the resource which it thinks answers your questions.
    Cancel
  • scottaleger

MemberJul 27, 2011

yes ,Forums is better then search engines . But you need a right forum
    Cancel
  • ShrinkDWorld

MemberJul 28, 2011

Forum is good choice for getting help & asking. Here you can post direct your question & get answer While google only helps to reach that topic.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register