Apptitude Questions

1:-You are a landscape designer and your boss asked you to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other?Tell me How?

2:-If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen and after sometime you find the tyre without the screws how will u make ur journey complete?

3:-How can you measure a room height using a thermometer?

4:-How would you catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north
and receiving from bottom not accepted, as it is 2 directions)

5:-Can you make 120 with 5 zeros?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    The questions are tough.

for the fifth one i think i got the answer :😁

(0!+0!+0!+0!+0!)!
    =>(1+1+1+1+1)! (since0!=1)
    =>5!=120

am i correct :?:
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes you are correct
    Even i also don't know answer of 4th question
    keep trying otherwise i will tell you answer of remaining questions
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1:-You are a landscape designer and your boss asked you to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other?Tell me How?

K: Place one tree on the top of hill and others in an equilateral triangle on the slope of the hill.

2:-If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen and after sometime you find the tyre without the screws how will u make ur journey complete?

K: Each tyre can have three screws each. 😉

3:-How can you measure a room height using a thermometer?

K: By using the thermometer as a scale 😐

4:-How would you catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north

K: I don't understand this question. 😕

5:-Can you make 120 with 5 zeros?

K: cos 0 = 1 😉 (wink!)
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes biggie you are right for 1st and 2nd question only
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    One more question to add you have two candles each will burn for 1 hour individually ie one candle will take 1 hour to burn completely.Now if you are asked to burn both of these candle for 90 minutes ie both candles must burn in 90 minutes?Can you explain me how?
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    by melting them and casting them as one we can extend the burning time more right 😐
    or do you want to make them burn to 90 min each :roll:

can you please be more specific.... :-o
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Each candle take 1 hour to complete

My question is to burn both candles in such a way that both will take 90 minutes collectively

ie total time should be 90 minutes to burn both
  • Vega
    Vega
    goyal420
    Each candle take 1 hour to complete

My question is to burn both candles in such a way that both will take 90 minutes collectively

ie total time should be 90 minutes to burn both
    Ignite second candle after 30 minutes from first candle ignition.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Vega
    Ignite second candle after 30 minutes from first candle ignition.
    Yeah you are right..
    Let us make it some more difficult .if i say 45 minutes😉
  • ratikagoel
    ratikagoel
    goyal420
    Let us make it some more difficult .if i say 45 minutes😉

First light up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle.

When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the other end of the 2nd candle too
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ratikagoel
    First light up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle.

When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the other end of the 2nd candle too
    Correct answer😀
  • ratikagoel
    ratikagoel
    4th ques:

If you throw a ball to the any direction ,due to heavy air in opposite direction it return to your place and u can able to catch the ball by not moving from your original place.
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    4th ques

Throw the ball on the wall
    it will rebound and u can catch it standing at your own place in the very same direction
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    rajivtiwari
    4th ques

Throw the ball on the wall
    it will rebound and u can catch it standing at your own place in the very same direction
    Quite satisfactory answer ..actually i also don't know it's answer but i think you are right😀
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    Okay it was kind of easy for me
    I heard similar question few years back which i quite correctly remember
    Although i don't know it was really a aptitude question or my cousin fooling around
    The question was
    Everyone was showed the window of the room.
    and asked to jump from the window

None of them went ahead
    but a guy climbed on the window pane
    and jumped back in the room
    and he was selected
    So applied kind of same logic
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The question was
    Everyone was showed the window of the room.
    and asked to jump from the window
    Yeah i know about this question it was asked in NDA interview once.one of my friend had given this interview but Alas!he was not selected
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    we have two candles have to burn completely in 90 minutes
    we will start second candle after 30 minutes of the first candle
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    for 45 minutes start burning the one candle from both ends and at the same time start burning second one from the one end
    lets see after 30 minutes the the first one will completely burnt out
    and second one will out half now
    lit the second end of the second candle it will take 15 minute to completely burnt
  • ramkumar.j
    ramkumar.j
    goyal420
    One more question to add you have two candles each will burn for 1 hour individually ie one candle will take 1 hour to burn completely.Now if you are asked to burn both of these candle for 90 minutes ie both candles must burn in 90 minutes?Can you explain me how?
    ans: v have to burn the first candle for half an hr. after that v can burn the second candle. so, at one hr both the candles ll be burned. am i correct?
  • ramkumar.j
    ramkumar.j
    goyal420
    ans: v have to burn the first candle for half an hr. after that v can burn the second candle. so, at 1 hr both the candles ll be burned.
  • ramkumar.j
    ramkumar.j
    ans: v have to burn the first candle for half an hr. after that v can burn the second candle. so, at 90 min both the candles ll be burned.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Please read the posts before it's answer is already given
  • naga lakshmi
    naga lakshmi
    1) Place thermometer perpendicular to the floor and against the wall.
    2) Make a mark on the wall at the top of the thermometer.
    3) Shift thermometer up so bottom is at mark.
    4) Repeat 2) and 3) until close to the ceiling.
    5) Shift thermometer up until it touches ceiling and mark location of highest mark on thermometer to determine fraction of thermometer length for last segment.

This would give the height of the room in units of "thermometers". This is not a standard unit of measurement, but it is a measurement. If you desire a more standard unit like centimeters, then measure the length of the thermometer and multiply by height of the room in "thermometers".

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Nidhi Shetty
    Nidhi Shetty
    -How would you catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north

isnt it the same? catching a ball or receiving a ball?
  • Anunay Sinha
    Anunay Sinha
    he meant throwing and recieving the ball.

and i think the simplest way is to use the ball in pendulum, push it in any direction, wait for it to reach the extreme position in opposite direction, then recieve it in between. 😁
  • Nikhitha Pitla
    Nikhitha Pitla

There are 3 people A,B,C. Liars are of same type and truth speaking are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false when they say:

A says, B is liar.

B says, A and C are of same type.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It was given by a resident of washington. He does not believe that the world will end in 2012. ______________________________________________________________ As the days pass, so grows the fear of the...
Process Hacker Version: 1.5 File Size: 1199 Process Hacker is an astoundingly useful and full-featured tool for monitoring and hacking ongoing processes on your PC. There is an astonishing amount...
I have a 340 cc, 4 stroke, single cylinder, air cooled engine. It radiates excessive heat immediately after its start. suggest me the reasons for it thanks!
hi, i want build a security system using laser beam. circuit design is very easy, but i block in sensor part and laser torch part. any one please help me...
HI , MR ADMIN. I AM A ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING STUDENT....I HAVE A SUGGETION THAT .WE SHOULD HAVE A SEPERATE TOPICS FOR COMMUNICATION IN CE : Technical Discussion SO...