Apache 2.4 HTTP Web Server Released!

CS/IT engineers may rejoice. The latest stable version 2.4 of the popular HTTP web server 'Apache' has been released after a long wait of 6 years. There are a ton of improvements in the new server and those who like to call themselves 'geek' may share their own views about the new version through this thread.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Never used it, I just read that it is highly optimised for static site which have ton of html and piture content .
    Here is the link for new feature in 2.4 version. Overview of new features in Apache HTTP Server 2.4 - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Can any one brief what this server do..?
    i wish to know about that..!๐Ÿ˜’
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    rkvasan68
    Can any one brief what this server do..?
    i wish to know about that..!๐Ÿ˜’
    From Wikipedia:
    The Apache HTTP Server, commonly referred to as Apache, is web server software notable for playing a key role in the initial growth of the World Wide Web. In 2009 it became the first web server software to surpass the 100 million website milestone. Apache was the first viable alternative to the Netscape Communications Corporation web server (currently named Oracle iPlanet Web Server), and since has evolved to rival other web servers in terms of functionality and performance. Typically Apache is run on a Unix-like operating system.
    From Apache.org:
    The Apache HTTP Server is an open-source HTTP server for modern operating systems including UNIX, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS/X and Netware. The goal of this project is to provide a secure, efficient and extensible server that provides HTTP services observing the current HTTP standards. Apache has been the most popular web server on the Internet since April of 1996.
    Google, buddy! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Praveen-Kumar
    From Wikipedia:

From Apache.org:

Google, buddy! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Is it like web hosting server..?
    rkvasan68
    Is it like web hosting server..?
    It is a Web Hosting Server! Almost all the linux web hosts use Apache!
    Even CE runs on Apache Server!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Praveen-Kumar
    Even CE runs on Apache Server!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I got it..!!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, after Long time posting something. Actually i joined wipro technologies on 17th Jan 2011. Got 3 months initial training on .Net . after that due to shortage of project...
Google's just released 'Chat For Google' official extension that lets you keep in touch with your contacts in your 'Google+ Circles' & Gmail contacts even when you are not in...
Several blogs have been writing about the possible kick to London based DataWind - the company that manufactures Aakash tablets to be sold at a price of 2500 - 3000...
ASUS promised the latest Android treatment for the TF101 Transformer tablet and now it seems that the ICS update is rolling out. Taiwan will be the first country to receive...
Eluga means 'Elegant' and not 'Ugly' ๐Ÿ˜. Panasonic has just revealed the tech specs for their upcoming smartphone named Eluga. Let's take a quick look at the Eluga Tech Specs-...