Anyone opting out of campus placements for your own venture?

The campus placements season is on and I'm curious to know whether there are any crazy engineers who're opting out of campus placements to start your own ventures. I know few who are appearing for campus placements to 'prove themselves' to their families that they can get a job, but aren't interested in jobs. They are inspired by the chance to prove themselves 'in the field'.

So, is there anyone opting out of placements? If yes, tell us a bit ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The people you are referring are really mad ๐Ÿ˜ See the basic thing is, we should join a company, take experience and then start our own business. ๐Ÿ˜€

Now there are two types of businesses that one can do.

Capital intensive: Setting up a core industry.
    You require big capital investment and you have to play your every move very cautiously.

No-Capital intensive: The computer businesses. Instagram, website etc.
    Even if you fail here, you always have a chance to stand up.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Issue
    The people you are referring are really mad ๐Ÿ˜ See the basic thing is, we should join a company, take experience and then start our own business. ๐Ÿ˜€
    you can't say that issue... there have been undergraduates who have started out with their own ventures even before graduating and they are doing good business out there ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: CEans are crazy!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well said CP. ๐Ÿ˜€

Actually the people to whom I have talked to have advised me to take experience first. ๐Ÿ˜€

The people to whom I have talked to are successful businessmen. However I would like to talk to those whom you are mentioning. Any specific example? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Issue
    Well said CP. ๐Ÿ˜€

Actually the people to whom I have talked to have advised me to take experience first. ๐Ÿ˜€

The people to whom I have talked to are successful businessmen. However I would like to talk to those whom you are mentioning. Any specific example? ๐Ÿ˜€
    i've seen some interviews of engineers and non-engineers who have finished their UG and started their own business.

check out this site: #-Link-Snipped-# this company was started by four UG students in their final years. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: CT tried to rope them in for an interview but they seemed too busy ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    CIVILPRINCESS
    CT tried to rope them in for an interview but they seemed too busy ๐Ÿ˜›
    Hola, the activity looks dead. Planning to contact some people soon ๐Ÿ˜’

By the way CP, yeah that link is cool. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was shocked to see the news in Times of India that Facebook has offered Rs. 45 lakh salary to NIT Warangal Student graduating in 2012. I also thought of...
Facebook's BoltJS is Fast, Robust and Powerful UI framework written entirely in JavaScript and runs in Browser. This means you won't need backend processing and everything runs in your browser....
Cellphone secret codes
Roland has launched their new synthesizer and it looks quite awesome! I obtained the following technical specifications from Roland's official website - Roland U.S. - JUPITER-80: Synthesizer The new synthesizer...
CEans, we've had threads to gather information about which phones CEans use. I'm starting this thread to find out which Smartphones are usually preferred by CEans. It would be great...