Anyone here watched Venus Transit

Venus is still in transit will be visible upto 10:22.
This is lifetime event which you can only see next time in year 2117 .
I hope everyone enjoyed this event.
I got lucky to take the shot.
[​IMG]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That indeed is a great shot. 👍

Transits of Venus are among the rarest of predictable astronomical phenomena.
    They occur in a pattern that repeats every 243 years, with pairs of transits eight years apart separated by long gaps of 121.5 years and 105.5 years.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I missed this great chance. I don't have proper glasses to see. But my family enjoyed the moment 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome shot, iAnoop! How did you capture it?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have Canon SX40 with 35x zoom and shot it just after sunrise arround 6am so there was no harm to watch directly to sun😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    That's a beauty. I too missed this chance. 😔
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Wow, beatutiful! But I'm not lucky enough to have seen it.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    I didn't even bother to look.

Some years ago, a friend had his fairly large telescope set up and was showing us Mars. I thoroughly enjoyed Kim Stanley Robinson's Amazon.com and two of Ben Bova's Amazon.com books (grief! I just realized he has #-Link-Snipped-# one). And I followed NASA's Spirit and Opportunity with great interest. But when it came to seeing the actual planet with my own eyes, I was struck with how boring I found it.

So I've decided I'm strictly an armchair astronomer.

------
    But you're picture looks like it would make very nice computer wallpaper.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, or SDO, is the most advanced spacecraft ever designed to study the sun.
    SDO is used to provide images with resolution 8 times better than high-definition television and returns more than a terabyte of data each day.

On June 5 2012, SDO collected images of the rarest predictable solar event--the transit of Venus across the face of the sun. The videos and images displayed here are constructed from several wavelengths of extreme ultraviolet light and a portion of the visible spectrum. just check this out -

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which better for a fresh Engineering graduate (b.tech IT or CSE) infosys or wipro ?
my sister has done btech from a private college in banglore,now she had got 3000 gate score with 98 percentile.She will be getting admissin in top nit's....she also have a...
Click to read - Asus Transformer AiO: A Dual-Boot Windows 8 And Android Tablet-PC LIT C-1 Is Self-Balancing Electric Motorcycle. Yours For $16000 In 2014. Solar Impulse Airplane Endeavor’s World’s...
Hello, I need to know about n-tier architecture and its benefits in programming. Thanks
kindly mail me the actual design process of a 7 storied residential building right from the soil investigation stage to the issue of architectural, structural and water supply and sewerage...