anyone from defence?

Hey, I was just wondering if any member here hails from the defence background i.e. army navy or air force.

Well, I hail from the olive greens!

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    me too..dad is a retd infantry officer!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lucky army kids 😛 Did you guys get to tag along in a tank or get to shoot things?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    not tank but I've had a ride on an APC...have fired a couple of rounds from an ak/sten gun as well..
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    My maternal grandfather was in the Air force. He was in the missiles department.
    My paternal grandfather retired as a Lieutenant General (3 star general). His younger brother retired as a Colonel and the youngest brother retired as a Major General (2 star general).

My father retired as Colonel. Majority of my uncles are either in the Army, Navy or Air force. 1 was and 1 is in the air force. A few are in the Armored Division (Tanks) and are Colonels and Commanding officers of their respective units.

I think I have said enough. Hence, I believe I am eligible for this group.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    mad_scientist
    not tank but I've had a ride on an APC...have fired a couple of rounds from an ak/sten gun as well..
    Are you sure it was a sten gun? The last time sten was used in combat was during the Indo-Pak war of 1971. And the last use in India was to assassinate Indira Gandhi, and that was in 1984. Correct me if I am wrong.
    And yes AK is not a sten gun so the slash is uncalled for. AK is a rifle, not a gun.
  • smita89
    smita89
    WOW RAj.. That is IMPRESSIVE!! My dad is a colonel, currently serving in the education corps.. Hey, should we start an association.. I should probably ask biggie first 😁

@ash: I've never been in on a tank, but I've tried my hand at shooting rounds of AK guns during army camps. I've been on a para glider and up on the army helicopter. So yeah it's been HELL of a time! 😁
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Wrong use of /..i meant and...it was carbine actually, but people don't usually know what that is so I used sten gun instead..

And i must say both of them are kinda opposite...one has a hell of a recoil (ak-56) and the other fires almost without any!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, i am a student who are doing an AC to DC power supply 20v,2A project, i dun plan to use any power supply IC(i.e LM317 and etc). I trying...
Hello i am a student of 2nd year Electronics and communicatins engg branch...... i require some help regarding making a robot....... Please give your ideas, weblinks, or any other help...
Hi, i am learning php these days.I want to know how to call a php function on button click. Button is created in HTML and function is a php function.Give...
I see that many are interested in the Armed Forces. I have started a thread regarding that. Everyone can share information about their country's one armed forces unit at a...
any one have any idea about wegind and proximity card and card reader